Finance and money forum

Buying Kips in Ha Noi possible?

• cloud

Joined Travelfish
    19th September, 2010

I am considering spending a couple of days in a mountainous region right after entering Laos through the border Tay Trang/Taichang. It seems there is not any Laos bank in that region and I need to prepare Kips before entering Laos.

Is it possible to buy Kips in Ha Noi? If not, how about in Ho Chi Min and Bangkok?

#1 Posted: 23/9/2010 - 12:27

• Advertisement

• Indoluso

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2009

A friend changed kip into dong by the central lake in Hanoi (there's a kind of agency with exchange service in a kind of little shopping center, on a corner), but I don't know if they do dong to kip... otherwise take dollars, no problem at all.

#2 Posted: 23/9/2010 - 21:28

• somsai

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2006
    Location United States

I'd think that right at the border there is someone hanging around changing money, usually little old ladies, they travel in packs. Just know your rate without being obsessive.

There's a bank and market in Muang Khua, just bring some cash.

#3 Posted: 24/9/2010 - 06:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.