Photo: Time for some larger notes we reckon.

Finance and money forum

The perfect ATM card for RWT(US Citizens only)

Posted by Lostbeachbum on 10/9/2011 at 23:33

I'm new to this board but I see many people complaining about bank fees while in SE Asia so I figured I would share this info. I’ve been using this card for more than a year and it has been incredible. So far I used it in US, Mexico, Canada and several islands in the Caribbean and have not been charged 1 penny in fees.

http://www.schwab.com/public/schwab/banking_lending/checking

ABSOLUTELY ZERO ATM FEES charged by your bank and they reimburse 100% of any charges made by the bank of the ATM you use anywhere in the world. This includes transaction fees, conversion fees, surcharges, just because fee, etc. ZERO!
Check it out. This is my main card for my upcoming RWT. Sorry, US citizens only.

#1 Lostbeachbum has been a member since 9/9/2011. Location: United States. Posts: 40

Posted by Lostbeachbum on 14/11/2011 at 14:32

I just wanted to say that I hope nobody thought this was a scam or bullshit. All those views and no replies makes me think most people thought it was too good to be true. I've been using this card for a long time and every month on my statement is every penny repayed that was charged by other banks. Happy travels!

#2 Lostbeachbum has been a member since 9/9/2011. Location: United States. Posts: 40

Posted by DLuek on 14/11/2011 at 19:24 TF writer

I second that. I use the same card and at the end of every month they dump the ATM fees back into the account... For me in Thailand we're talking US$30 - $40/month. How I used to hate that "confirm" button for the 150 baht ATM fee, but now I love it knowing that I'm never actually paying that. Also Schwab bank is international - not sure but I wouldn't be surprised if people from other countries could start an account with them.

#3 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,148
 Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.