Photo: Time for some larger notes we reckon.

Finance and money forum

Foreign currency ATM at Bangkok airport?

Posted by KirstyB on 16/10/2011 at 19:32

I have read a couple threads on line which say there are foreign currency ATM's at Bangkok airport - ie one that you can directly withdraw US dollars from. Does anyone have any knowledge of these or experience of using them?

Just thinking it could be a cheaper way of obtaining them rather than the double fee whamy of withdrawing baht and exchanging straight to US$.

Thanks

#1 KirstyB has been a member since 27/7/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 151
 Where has KirstyB been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by altmtl on 16/10/2011 at 20:23

As far as I know there are no foreign currency ATM's in Thailand. But when I searched on google I found this: http://jewie.blogspot.com/2011/02/atms-at-suvarnabhumi-airport.html - So I guess there are... I'm guessing you'll still get hit with a 150 baht fee.

#2 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 992
 Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by KirstyB on 17/10/2011 at 21:56

Well, that appears to be photographic evidence! I'll be able to check it out in a couple of weeks time ........

#3 KirstyB has been a member since 27/7/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 151
 Where has KirstyB been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by somtam2000 on 28/1/2012 at 07:04 admin

There are at least two foreign currency ATMs at Bangkok airport but they are in the section past customs and immigration. I found this out to my misfortune the other day when I need a Thai currency ATM and found there are none once you clear customs! I was very annoyed to say the least :-(

They give currency in USD and Euro and I think one other - can't remember. Maximum withdrawal is $1000 per day and the rate is the same as that offered by the exchange kiosks within the airport, so prob no great savings.

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,425
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.