Photo: Time for some larger notes we reckon.

Finance and money forum

Saving money with a student card

Posted by FishUdders on 5/1/2012 at 15:12

Hello, I am travelling to SE Asia and a couple of other countries in a few months. I know that with an international student card you can save a fair amount of money on many attractions, however... I am no longer a student. Does anyone have any ideas or experience of getting a student card despite not being a student. Or is anyone aware of any other internationally recognised cards that could save a bit of money on the attractions.

Thanks a lot.

#1 FishUdders has been a member since 25/10/2011. Posts: 3

Posted by THEIBC on 27/2/2012 at 13:55

Hi, this is a shemless plug but really is relevant for you. Our company offer a discount card for Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia (and starting to cover Laos) - we can save you money on food, accommodation, activities and more whilst you are there. Open to everyone!

www.internationalbackpackercard.com - hope this helps you. Have a great time

#2 THEIBC has been a member since 12/10/2011. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 20
 Website 

Posted by watson123 on 14/5/2012 at 07:40

I am looking for a student discount card and my school (Yr 12) offers the NUS card. However i found out about the ISIC card for £9 which is international.
Doe the ISIC card cover everything in the NUS card or do they offer different discounts. I know Burtons covers both cards but is this the seam for all places offering discounts to NUS/ISIC?

#3 watson123 has been a member since 9/5/2012. Posts: 4

Posted by altmtl on 14/5/2012 at 09:29

Things are so cheap in SEA, I don't see how these cards would be accepted, except for certain hostels?

#4 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 992
 Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.