Finance and money forum

Budget for ten weeks

• cat723

Joined Travelfish
    14th August, 2012

Hi,

I'm going to be traveling around South East Asia for ten weeks beginning late September and I'm just trying to sort out my budget and hidden costs.

I have my flights to and from Thailand and my travel insurance already covered.
    I have not booked any internal travel as hope to do this mainly by land as budget as possible when I am there, and will book budget accom my whole way through.

I do however want to go to Myanmar and know that I can only enter via air. I'm not planning on doing tours constantly, and maybe for a week or so, enjoying island life in Thailand before adventuring out - perhaps doing a dive course on Koh Chang.. I think these 2 things will eat my money the most. I will eat lots of street food but will occasionally eat at nicer restaurants and drink alcohol out.

I've budgeted that I will have $7K USD for my time... do you think this is a sensible amount including potential dive course and trip to Myanmar?
    Budget advice from people who have spent time in SE Asia would be appreciated!

Thanks - Cat!

#1 Posted: 16/8/2012 - 02:44

• Advertisement

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

I don't dive but $700 per week on average is absolutely more than enough. For arguments sake, you could conceivably get by (albeit by roughing it a bit) on that amount per month.

Your flight to Myanmar should not cost that much, with Air Asia.

#2 Posted: 16/8/2012 - 03:19

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.