Finance and money forum

How far will we go!?

• scotthutch90

Joined Travelfish
    12th March, 2013

Hi everyone

First post here but have been a frequent visitor for the past year or so as i have been researching my first trip away travelling and have found a lot of stuff on this forum a massive help. But there are a few things i cant quite find on the net so thought its about time i joined up and got asking your opinions! I plan on leaving in June 2014 with my girlfriend and 2 friends we are all in our early 20's from Scotland. Our plan is to fly to Russia and take the Trans-Sib to China-Vietnam-Cambodia-Laos-Thailand we have budgeted for £6000 ($9300) after the paying flight and Trans-Sib. We are quitting our jobs and have no ties and are trying for the most part to avoid itineraries in order to really enjoy and not miss anything through rushing for a flight also etc. So basically we would like to see as much as there 'til the cash dries up our only problem is we are pretty sure with our money saved we could do a few more countries and was just wondering where you would go to, where is unmissable? (Myanmar, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines?)

Also my girlfriend desperately wants to include philippines so whats the easiest, cheapest most logical way to include this into the trip?

Thanks for any help

Scott

#1 Posted: 7/5/2013 - 11:41

• Advertisement

• Geer1

Joined Travelfish
    14th September, 2012
    Places visited:
    At least 42

Is that $9300 each or for the 2 of you or all 4 people? If that is each you can see quite a bit, for the 2 of you that likely covers your main itinerary but not much more. If for all 4 I have trouble believing you will get through the countries you are already planning. I did 4 months in Thailand/Laos/Cambodia/Vietnam and not including my main flights to and from home it cost me $4800 as an idea. $30 a day per person is possible and what I aimed for/achieved but if you want to live it up a bit more you might have to bump that up closer to $40.

Getting to and from the Philippines only really makes sense by plane I believe.

#2 Posted: 7/5/2013 - 12:53

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.