Finance and money forum

ATM'S

• jayne2402

Joined Travelfish
    11th July, 2007

Hi All,
    Sorry i posted this message in the reply part!!! lol
    anyways i was wondering if anyone knows if there are plenty of ATM's available in Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam? are they in english?
    i used my card in europe and found it the easiest way to get cash, but im not too sure in these countries how reliable they are.
    thanks for the advice
    Cheers Sarah :-)

#1 Posted: 11/7/2007 - 15:56

• Advertisement

• jayne2402

Joined Travelfish
    11th July, 2007

p.s. im thinking of taking a travelex cash passport card which has a 4pin. its a debit card. (im from australia) thanks Sarah

#2 Posted: 11/7/2007 - 16:02

• withshoeson

Joined Travelfish
    31st March, 2007
    Total reviews: 3

Hey Sarah,

im yet to go on my trip (to the countries you stated, only two weeks!), but, like you i am going to get the cash passport. if you go to http://www.travelex.com/au/personal/CP_atmlocator.asp?content=cp

its an ATM locator for VISA(the cash passport).

Im pretty sure only one ATM for laos in Vientianne, and only a couple in Cambodia (siem Riep, Phnom Penh)

have a good trip, i will.

#3 Posted: 11/7/2007 - 17:07

• nola

Joined Travelfish
    12th July, 2007

Sarah, there are several ANZ ATMs in Phnom Penh. We were there in April and used one inside a supermarket complex across the small park opposite the Cambodiana hotel, but there is also at least one along Sisowath Quay. They are called "Royal" something, after the local card. Don't know about anywhere else, so it might be worth asking the ANZ bank in Oz before leaving.
    Nola

#4 Posted: 12/7/2007 - 09:19

• ernieh

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Hi Jayne,

I just finished travelling through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. All ATM's are in english and dispense US dollars. Here is my experience with ATM's:

Laos: ATM's are only located at bank outlets. I would highly recommend that you bring US dollars/traveller's cheque with you as it was a challenge to find them. For example, in Luang Prabang I only saw 2 ATM's and they were usually not working. Most people I met had to get a cash advance on their Visa card with a 3% service charge.

Cambdodia: ANZ Bank ATM's are the most prevelant in Siem Reap, Battanbang and Phnom Penh. You will find other bank ATM's as well.

Vietnam: ATM's are located everywhere.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

#5 Posted: 12/7/2007 - 14:54

• jayne2402

Joined Travelfish
    11th July, 2007

THANKS heaps for the replies guys.
    it helps me heaps :-)
    sarah

#6 Posted: 12/7/2007 - 18:17

• jayne2402

Joined Travelfish
    11th July, 2007

THANKS heaps for the replies guys.
    it helps me heaps :-)
    sarah

#7 Posted: 12/7/2007 - 18:25

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.