Photo: Time for some larger notes we reckon.

Finance and money forum

ATM'S

Posted by jayne2402 on 11/7/2007 at 15:56

Hi All,
Sorry i posted this message in the reply part!!! lol
anyways i was wondering if anyone knows if there are plenty of ATM's available in Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam? are they in english?
i used my card in europe and found it the easiest way to get cash, but im not too sure in these countries how reliable they are.
thanks for the advice
Cheers Sarah :-)

#1 jayne2402 has been a member since 11/7/2007. Posts: 12

Posted by jayne2402 on 11/7/2007 at 16:02

p.s. im thinking of taking a travelex cash passport card which has a 4pin. its a debit card. (im from australia) thanks Sarah

#2 jayne2402 has been a member since 11/7/2007. Posts: 12

Posted by withshoeson on 11/7/2007 at 17:07

Hey Sarah,

im yet to go on my trip (to the countries you stated, only two weeks!), but, like you i am going to get the cash passport. if you go to http://www.travelex.com/au/personal/CP_atmlocator.asp?content=cp

its an ATM locator for VISA(the cash passport).

Im pretty sure only one ATM for laos in Vientianne, and only a couple in Cambodia (siem Riep, Phnom Penh)

have a good trip, i will.

#3 withshoeson has been a member since 31/3/2007. Posts: 11

Posted by nola on 12/7/2007 at 09:19

Sarah, there are several ANZ ATMs in Phnom Penh. We were there in April and used one inside a supermarket complex across the small park opposite the Cambodiana hotel, but there is also at least one along Sisowath Quay. They are called "Royal" something, after the local card. Don't know about anywhere else, so it might be worth asking the ANZ bank in Oz before leaving.
Nola

#4 nola has been a member since 12/7/2007. Posts: 3

Posted by ernieh on 12/7/2007 at 14:54

Hi Jayne,

I just finished travelling through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. All ATM's are in english and dispense US dollars. Here is my experience with ATM's:

Laos: ATM's are only located at bank outlets. I would highly recommend that you bring US dollars/traveller's cheque with you as it was a challenge to find them. For example, in Luang Prabang I only saw 2 ATM's and they were usually not working. Most people I met had to get a cash advance on their Visa card with a 3% service charge.

Cambdodia: ANZ Bank ATM's are the most prevelant in Siem Reap, Battanbang and Phnom Penh. You will find other bank ATM's as well.

Vietnam: ATM's are located everywhere.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

#5 ernieh has been a member since 21/3/2007. Posts: 49

Posted by jayne2402 on 12/7/2007 at 18:17

THANKS heaps for the replies guys.
it helps me heaps :-)
sarah

#6 jayne2402 has been a member since 11/7/2007. Posts: 12

Posted by jayne2402 on 12/7/2007 at 18:25

THANKS heaps for the replies guys.
it helps me heaps :-)
sarah

#7 jayne2402 has been a member since 11/7/2007. Posts: 12

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.