Photo: Time for some larger notes we reckon.

Finance and money forum

Budget in SEA

Posted by seatrips on 24/9/2013 at 21:22

I'm travelling with my partner in SEA for 5 months covering Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand (northern). We've budgeted $100/day excluding flights/transportation/pre-departure items. Is this do-able without having to skip out on too many activities/drinks at the bar and other little comforts?

#1 seatrips has been a member since 24/9/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by Geer1 on 25/9/2013 at 02:14

$100 a day should be plenty imo unless you are expecting to stay in 5 star hotels or resorts etc.

$100 a day for 2 people should get you accommodation with AC, hot water, en suite etc. Eat very well. Drinks every night. Average cost tours/sights(some things like say diving would cost a little extra or just skimp a few days to make up for it). Average transport(excluding flights).

As and idea I am a budget traveller and I got by on $30 a day including all my accommodation, transportation(excluding flights), food, sightseeing etc. I gave up some conveniences but it doesn't cost a whole lot more to get those conveniences in SEA.

#2 Geer1 has been a member since 14/9/2012. Posts: 540
 Where has Geer1 been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.