Finance and money forum

airasia... pricing?

• richkimmens

Joined Travelfish
    30th January, 2008

Hi,

This may be me being rather stupid but looking at flights from KL to BK at the end of March the website says 69.99 MYR but when I select the flight and press next this jumps up to 175.99 MYR, can anyone explain why this is? Are there taxes etc that are added but not described as have to be added to all flights or something?

Thanks!

Rich

#1 Posted: 20/2/2008 - 20:13

• Advertisement

• tails101

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2006
    Location United Kingdom

Air Asia still quote all prices excluding taxes, and it's only when you start to actually book the tickets do they add these on to the cost.

You can view the breakdown of the fare plus taxes once you have selected the flights by clicking on the plus next to the cost on the left hand side of the screen...

Cheers,
    Mark

#2 Posted: 20/2/2008 - 23:19

• natwest

Joined Travelfish
    6th March, 2008
    Location China

I guess 175.99 is the post-tax, charges price. Air Asia usually adds Airport Tax, Admin Charges, Fuel Surcharge before giving you a final price. So don't worry, no rip-off here.
    Unlike some other budget airlines in SEA, which refuse to breakdown their surcharges. They just give you a final figure and expect you work it out yourself.

#3 Posted: 11/3/2008 - 18:39

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.