Finance and money forum

Budget

• CJHorn85

Joined Travelfish
    9th May, 2008

Hey people,

With fuel, food etc etc prices going up, I know its going to be quite difficult to put an accurate price tag on my trip, but any help is much appreciated.

I will be in SEA for 71 days this summer (Vietnam - 24 days, Laos - 11 days, Cambodia - 12 days, Thailand - 20 days, Singapore- 4 days). I was wanting to know a rough budget for this?

I would like to try and spend no more than £1500 for this whole time, but if I can go lower, thats obviously better. That works out at around £20 ($40) a day. Is this enough? Including travel as well? (Not flights, just local travel by trains or buses)

Thanks for your help people!

#1 Posted: 12/5/2008 - 20:30

• Advertisement

• packtoofull

Joined Travelfish
    16th May, 2007
    Location Indonesia

$40 a day is certainly doable. Having just taken a gander at your trip-plans, I reckon you should be fine, in part because except for your Vn jaunt, you're not travelling too much - rather spending time in just a few places. This is a good way to spend less as you won't have transport eating into your wallet all the time.

Watch out for Singapore though -- pricey!

#2 Posted: 12/5/2008 - 20:51

• thosenicoti-
    nestains

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2008

Singapore is definitely pricey, but there is always room to haggle, get away from the stores and onto the streets for this though, as the retail staff will always tell you 'FIXED PRICE. NO BARGAIN!'

#3 Posted: 5/6/2008 - 01:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.