Photo: Time for some larger notes we reckon.

Finance and money forum

getting post (credit cards) sent over from england to bangkok

Posted by kp1988 on 21/8/2008 at 14:02

Hello.
I am really stuck on this matter so any advice would be great.

I have a credit arriving to my home address in england in the next couple of days, which i will need sent to me over in bangkok.

How does it work, is it possible for me to pick it up from a registered post office? do bangkok have post offices?

what is the safest way of me receiving my card?

kind regards,

kane

#1 kp1988 has been a member since 21/8/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 21/8/2008 at 14:15 admin

In the past when I've needed a new credit card, I've just had my folks courier it to me with Fedex/DHL -- costs a bit, but more secure than the post. I've done it prob a dozen times and never had a prob. They should be able to deliver to your guesthouse/hotel.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,435
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by boxee on 21/8/2008 at 15:37

hello kane

this should cost about £30 on dhl and take about
2-3 days for delivery to thailand

danny

#3 boxee has been a member since 26/3/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 131

Posted by khunwilko on 10/10/2008 at 12:05

I got my family to post it to in a "disguised" envelope.
My bank (Lloyds) would not send it to Thailand.....they sent one to me in Australia - took about 30 hours.
You might TRY and ask the bank if they will send it direct, but I guess the policy is still the same.

#4 khunwilko has been a member since 27/1/2007. Posts: 560

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.