Finance and money forum

Using Internet banking while in SE Asia

• daflj

Joined Travelfish
    28th August, 2008
    Total reviews: 4

Hi all,
    I'm planning a trip for the first time and am looking at being in SE Asia for approx. 10/11 weeks in mid-March to end May '09. I've been reading this board and am finding it very helpful so feel brave enough now to ask a question :)

What are people's feelings about internet banking, and/or booking travel or guesthouses over the internet while travelling? I'm dubious about accessing my account from internet terminals and I'm not comfortable either about the idea of sending my details to hotels etc.

I'd be very glad to hear of other people's experiences with this.

Thanks a lot in advance!

#1 Posted: 1/9/2008 - 18:06

• Advertisement

• Jon_Mak_Mak

Click here to learn more about Jon_Mak_Mak
    Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2007
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 5

Hi, Ive checked internet banking in thailand many many times over the last few years. After you have used the computer go to options and delete all cookies/passwords ect..

As for booking hotels, if you use established booking agents like asia rooms or sawadee hotels (thailand portal) you should be ok.

Always be catious tho and if it looks dodgy it might be. You could always try phoning the hotel.

#2 Posted: 2/9/2008 - 18:28

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Internet banking in SE Asia - who does? ... By Jleef on 8 Jan 2010 9 2945 11 May 2013