Photo: Time for some larger notes we reckon.

Finance and money forum

Using Internet banking while in SE Asia

Posted by daflj on 1/9/2008 at 18:06

Hi all,
I'm planning a trip for the first time and am looking at being in SE Asia for approx. 10/11 weeks in mid-March to end May '09. I've been reading this board and am finding it very helpful so feel brave enough now to ask a question :)

What are people's feelings about internet banking, and/or booking travel or guesthouses over the internet while travelling? I'm dubious about accessing my account from internet terminals and I'm not comfortable either about the idea of sending my details to hotels etc.

I'd be very glad to hear of other people's experiences with this.

Thanks a lot in advance!

#1 daflj has been a member since 28/8/2008. Posts: 32

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 2/9/2008 at 18:28

Hi, Ive checked internet banking in thailand many many times over the last few years. After you have used the computer go to options and delete all cookies/passwords ect..

As for booking hotels, if you use established booking agents like asia rooms or sawadee hotels (thailand portal) you should be ok.

Always be catious tho and if it looks dodgy it might be. You could always try phoning the hotel.

#2 Jon_Mak_Mak has been a member since 21/2/2007. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 464
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.