Photo: Time for some larger notes we reckon.

Finance and money forum

SE Asia Budget - Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and Thai Islands

Posted by lauraandmark on 4/9/2008 at 19:42

Hello all

Im travelling to Bangkok on 2nd November travelling through north Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia and then to the Thai islands and then back out of Bangkok on 11th January - exactly 10 weeks (70 days)I am going with my boyfriend and we have budget £40 (GBP) per day giving us a total of £2800 for our trip ... is this realistic ...? we want to budget travel but have enough for a few beers and not the most disgusting rooms!!! I think we may save a bit as being a couple on rooms etc but the way the pound is falling who knows!!! Appreciate any help

Laura and Mark

#1 lauraandmark has been a member since 4/9/2008. Posts: 21

Posted by somtam2000 on 5/9/2008 at 09:01 admin

40 quid a day between two should be ok -- watch out for too much transport costs wedged in as that tends to blow out a budget.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,507
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by lauraandmark on 12/9/2008 at 19:16

Thanks for that reply. Im now slightly worried that we wont have enough. We are not planning on flying so hopefully that will help and we have our first two nights in Bangkok paid for and our last night in Bangkok so that will help.

Should we be aiming for more - this ismy first time backpacking and im a bit apprehensive ...

#3 lauraandmark has been a member since 4/9/2008. Posts: 21

Posted by jojow25 on 21/9/2009 at 06:29

A Little like you guys, we have around 20 pounds each per day - they reckon about 12 pounds each per day is plenty for ok room and ok food. Don't forget that some days you will be doing nothing i.e lounging on the beach and other days you will be off doing stuff (which depending on what you like to do, will cost more) - so it weighs out. That reasurred me as we will have some days doing nothing and other days doing lots - so I thin kit will be enough. We have already got our flight to PP form Thailand and booked hotel or two and also paid for our Cambodian Visa, so apart from what we have, I gues a few days lounging on the beach will have to be suffered for us to afford our visas - its a hard life ;o)

#4 jojow25 has been a member since 9/9/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 29

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.