Photo: Time for some larger notes we reckon.

Finance and money forum

How much money to allocate for transportation in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Veitnam

Posted by quddus on 11/11/2008 at 02:41

Hello everyone,

Can anyone give me a good estimate how much I'd be spending in transportation if I cross all four countries?

I am looking for the cheapest way to visit all four countries since I'm working with a tight budget

Any help is very much appreciated

#1 quddus has been a member since 11/11/2008. Posts: 7

Posted by kbarnard on 19/11/2008 at 23:43

Hi,
I am not sure I can help with the other countries, but I spend two months in Thailand this year and can offer advice there. Buses tend to be the cheapest, and run about 400-600 Baht per long distance journey one way. ( I did Bangkok to Chaing Mai, and Surat Thani to Bangkok) both were overnight, a bit dodgy, but did the trick. Another bus I took was Chaing Mai to Pai, and that was 90 Baht. Another from Chiang Mai to the Burma Border for a visa run, which was about 400 Baht r/t. Ferry from Surat Thani To Ko Samui was about 350 Baht. Hope that helps.

#2 kbarnard has been a member since 19/11/2008. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.