Photo: Time for some larger notes we reckon.

Finance and money forum

£4500 budget for 6 months

Posted by mattaysmith on 4/12/2008 at 00:48

hi I am in the middle of planning my trip, at the moment I have already booked my flight kula Lumpa then connecting flight to Laos. Based on the itineries in this website I plan to visit Northern Laos for 3 weeks, cambodia for 3 weeks, vietnam for a month, Thailand for 5 weeks, borneo for 3 weeks then Indonesia for 5 weeks if possible. Would £4500 be enough for this (works out about $36 a day), I have more if necessary but would be reluctant to spend more.

Also in Indonesia would I be okay on the $25 a day recommended for the rest of SE Asia, I intend to go to Suliwesi, Bali, Java and Sumatra

#1 mattaysmith has been a member since 8/11/2008. Posts: 6

Posted by somtam2000 on 4/12/2008 at 06:03 admin

$36 per day should be ok -- it sounds like you'll be doing a fair bit of travelling around so don't forget to factor in the cost of transport into your budgeting.

$25 a day is fine in Indonesia -- Bali will be the most expensive part.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,507
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by randymarsh on 13/2/2009 at 06:46

i got £2000 for 3 months... ummm... ive been told 650 a month in the current state but here everyone seems to think more. i dont plan on being to tight either

#3 randymarsh has been a member since 13/2/2009. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.