Finance and money forum

£4500 budget for 6 months

• mattaysmith

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2008

hi I am in the middle of planning my trip, at the moment I have already booked my flight kula Lumpa then connecting flight to Laos. Based on the itineries in this website I plan to visit Northern Laos for 3 weeks, cambodia for 3 weeks, vietnam for a month, Thailand for 5 weeks, borneo for 3 weeks then Indonesia for 5 weeks if possible. Would £4500 be enough for this (works out about $36 a day), I have more if necessary but would be reluctant to spend more.

Also in Indonesia would I be okay on the $25 a day recommended for the rest of SE Asia, I intend to go to Suliwesi, Bali, Java and Sumatra

#1 Posted: 4/12/2008 - 00:48

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

$36 per day should be ok -- it sounds like you'll be doing a fair bit of travelling around so don't forget to factor in the cost of transport into your budgeting.

$25 a day is fine in Indonesia -- Bali will be the most expensive part.

#2 Posted: 4/12/2008 - 06:03

• randymarsh

Joined Travelfish
    13th February, 2009

i got £2000 for 3 months... ummm... ive been told 650 a month in the current state but here everyone seems to think more. i dont plan on being to tight either

#3 Posted: 13/2/2009 - 06:46

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.