Finance and money forum

Quad band phones in SE Asia

• yedich

Joined Travelfish
    22nd March, 2008
    Total reviews: 3

Those of you using global phones-any trouble finding SIM cards in any or all of Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, or Myanmar?

#1 Posted: 17/2/2009 - 02:31

• Advertisement

• brucemoon

Click here to learn more about brucemoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Yedich

My wife must call Australia to talk to her aging dad every day.

Where ever we've been in Asia, we've been able to get a GSM sim card. And, compared to many affluent nations, the call costs are very cheap.

We spent a month in Vietnam last year and I paid about US$8 for a sim card and top up to call Australia (for about a minute or so) every day.

A couple of years ago, we 'did' Malaysia for a month and it cost me about US$14 for the same. In the same year, it cost about US$11 for a month in Thailand.

By comparison, Cambodia was VERY expensive. I'll buy a landline phone card there when I go next.

Going to Laos soon, so don't know.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 23/2/2009 - 08:16

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Buying an unlocked quad band smartphone ... By rondo0709 on 15 Feb 2013 3 2810 16 Feb 2013