Finance and money forum

€9000 for 5 months travelling!

• amandak9985

Joined Travelfish
    24th February, 2009

hi guys,i have 9000 euro saved for 5 months travelling and wondering will this be enough?i leave on sunday,cant wait!im goin to the following countires: thailand 1 month, vietnam 1 month, oz 1 month, new zealand 2 weeks, fiji 2 weeks, hawaii 2 weeks and l.a. 2 weeks.

any help would be appreciated :)

#1 Posted: 24/2/2009 - 23:46

• Advertisement

• svennekedj

Joined Travelfish
    25th February, 2009

I think it will be possible with that amount of money, in new zealand and hawaii you will probably spend more as in the other countries.
    As long as you don't behave yourself as someone who gets drunk everyday... Don't worry about the money but have a little "money plan" in advance : i.e. how much you wish to spend for one day or one week and try to keep yourself to that plan.

I know if I party all the time for one month I spend like 1600 € a month. If I do a little bit more normal and just hang out at night a few days a week then 1000 € a month is enough. I you really got a stretched out plan I think you can get around with like 500 € a month.

I'll be leaving in april for thailand, laos, cambodia, vietnam and china with only 7000 € and it should be more then enough normally.

Greets
    Sven

#2 Posted: 25/2/2009 - 01:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
7 months in asia and a £9000 budget ... By Mazusara on 2 Jan 2013 5 2238 3 Jan 2013