Photo: Time for some larger notes we reckon.

Finance and money forum

€9000 for 5 months travelling!

Posted by amandak9985 on 24/2/2009 at 23:46

hi guys,i have 9000 euro saved for 5 months travelling and wondering will this be enough?i leave on sunday,cant wait!im goin to the following countires: thailand 1 month, vietnam 1 month, oz 1 month, new zealand 2 weeks, fiji 2 weeks, hawaii 2 weeks and l.a. 2 weeks.

any help would be appreciated :)

#1 amandak9985 has been a member since 24/2/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by svennekedj on 25/2/2009 at 01:59

I think it will be possible with that amount of money, in new zealand and hawaii you will probably spend more as in the other countries.
As long as you don't behave yourself as someone who gets drunk everyday... Don't worry about the money but have a little "money plan" in advance : i.e. how much you wish to spend for one day or one week and try to keep yourself to that plan.

I know if I party all the time for one month I spend like 1600 € a month. If I do a little bit more normal and just hang out at night a few days a week then 1000 € a month is enough. I you really got a stretched out plan I think you can get around with like 500 € a month.

I'll be leaving in april for thailand, laos, cambodia, vietnam and china with only 7000 € and it should be more then enough normally.

Greets
Sven

#2 svennekedj has been a member since 25/2/2009. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.