Finance and money forum

Multiple destination flights!? Korea-Toronto with add ons?

• Mariane12

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2009

Hi. I'm leaving in 3 weeks and haven't booked any flights yet! I'm just finishing my teaching contract in Korea so I'll be flying out from here. My plan is to fly from Korea to Hanoi first, then fly to Chiang Mai and work my way down to Phuket. Then fly out of Bangkok home to Toronto. What would be my best bet for this? Is it possible to book a one-way flight from Korea to Toronto and just add destinations? Or should I book individuals flights? The flights I've found to Hanoi so far are about 500$ which seems pretty pricy. I'm driving myself crazy looking at a million different sites trying to find the best deal. What's the best way to go about booking this. I've tried going to travel agents but the language barrier makes it a little challenging.

Please help!!!

#1 Posted: 25/4/2009 - 17:06

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

My suggestion would be to fly Hanoi to Bangkok with AirAsia and then fly/train north to Chiang Mai (with AirAsia or Nok Air). The Hanoi Bangkok flights are very cheap - often well under $100 - I paid $40.

Once you're in thailand, I'd look into a one way from Bangkok to Toronto. Get all your other domestic tickets in Thailand and fly hub to hub -- cheaper that way.

Korea to Vietnam -- ahhh can't help on that one! Been a lonnnng time since I've been to Korea - perhaps someone else on the forum can help.

Cheers!

#2 Posted: 25/4/2009 - 19:58

• amazon_blon-
    de

Joined Travelfish
    20th December, 2008
    Total reviews: 9

I recently flew home to Toronto from Hanoi via Seoul. First, if you're in SEA and intend to go home to Toronto without needing to stop in Korea, then don't! The flight connections/layovers are nasty and it's more expensive than getting a flight from BKK-YVR via Hong Kong or another stop.

As for tickets to Hanoi from Seoul, we flew Asiana. Either Asiana or Korean Air is going to cost about $500 USD o/w. That's just what they charge. It's a 4 hour international flight, so that's not entirely outrageous. You can get a cheaper flight with China Southern, (about $290 USD) but it stops in China somewhere ...

#3 Posted: 26/4/2009 - 11:24

• brucemoon

Click here to learn more about brucemoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Mariane12

Elsewhere, I answered your call with...

I just looked at AirNinja, to discover that AirNinja does not list a LCCT's (low cost carrier terminals) servicing Korea.

I looked at Orbitz.com, and it shows a 1 stopover with China Southern Airlines [Soeul, Guangzou, Hanoi) for $299.

Kayak.com shows same at $288.

I note that Am... has also suggested same.

As for internal SE Asia, Travelfish suggests an option...

http://www.travelfish.org/feature/118

cheers

cheers

#4 Posted: 27/4/2009 - 17:38

• Mariane12

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2009

Thanks! I can't believe how cheap some of the flights are. Any ideas where to find the cheapest flights from Bangkok to Toronto?

#5 Posted: 28/4/2009 - 08:47

• brucemoon

Click here to learn more about brucemoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Mariane12

I went to AirNinja.com, put in from BKK to YYZ, and clicked on the three search engine options - Expedia, Orbitz, and Kayak.

Orbitz shows a joint fare - ANA to Tokyo, then Air Canada to Toronto for $605.

http://www.orbitz.com/App/ViewFlightSearchResults?OSC=J2rs9D1pz2!-2056331054!183214658!7001!-1&retrieveParams=true&z=9607&r=2&z=9608&r=3&lastPage=interstitial

Kayak has same...

http://www.kayak.com/s/flights.jsp?searchid=CEyCO1&completed=true

hope this helps

cheers

#6 Posted: 28/4/2009 - 09:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
North Korea as a tourist destination ... By sayadian on 30 Dec 2011 8 2132 4 Sep 2012
Help with open-jaw flight: Toronto -- Hanoi, Aukland -- Toronto ... By tadams on 12 Feb 2009 13 4600 27 Apr 2009