Finance and money forum

Cirrus card in Laos and Cambodia?

• pliszkaplis-
    zka

Joined Travelfish
    5th May, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

Are there any ATM's accepting cirrus card (maestro) in Laos and Cambodia??? I was searching through internet to get this information but more I search more I get confused.Thanks!!

#1 Posted: 6/5/2009 - 17:11

• Advertisement

• Mangala

Joined Travelfish
    5th April, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 3
    Places visited:
    At least 154

Cirrus/Maestro is a mAstercard related service when it comes to atm's so use this site:

http://www.mastercard.com/us/personal/en/cardholderservices/atmlocations/index.html

I ran a quick check and there isnt any in Laos, but there is plenty in Cambodia that use the mastercard services - including Cirrus/Maestro.

#2 Posted: 7/5/2009 - 01:08

• pliszkaplis-
    zka

Joined Travelfish
    5th May, 2009

Thank you very very much Mangala! that's a usefull link!
    I have just came to Laos today and I have enough cash with me for all my travel as it looked like there could be a problem with with cirrus card here (I also asked in Laos consulate in Hanoi and they confirmed).
    But actually on the way from bus station in Vientiane I have seen one ATM with cirrus sticker! I will try to find one tomorrow and use it! If it works I will write it here for everyone who is also interested in this topic!

#3 Posted: 17/5/2009 - 21:52

• brucemoon

Click here to learn more about brucemoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

To those interested

In Laos, the ATM's appear to only be provided by BCEL.

And, BCEL machines accept Mastercard (+ derivatives) and Visa (same).

Only proviso is that they are frequently 'down', or the phone lines from Laos to wherevere your bank is can be down.

Cheers

#4 Posted: 2/6/2009 - 20:44

• pliszkaplis-
    zka

Joined Travelfish
    5th May, 2009

Hi!
    I have tried four ATM with cirrus sticker on and one of them actually gave me my money. So my conclusion is that theoretically they do accept cirrus card, practically they do sometimes. no rules. thanks for all the posts!

#5 Posted: 3/6/2009 - 10:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Bank key card quistion... cirrus? ... By jadeox on 5 Nov 2007 1 3381 7 Nov 2007