Finance and money forum

Bit worried about budget

• wanderingwa-
    lters

Joined Travelfish
    16th July, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

Hi All

not sure if i'm worrying about nothing but i've got slightly over £950 for 3 weeks in Laos and Thailand. I will be travelling by myself if that matters at all.

I've got my flights up to Luang Parbang already paid for so the money will be for accomodation, food, transport and entertainment to get me back to Bangkok.

Does this seem like enough of do i have to sell my girlfriend?

#1 Posted: 28/10/2009 - 19:27

• Advertisement

• Nokka

Joined Travelfish
    6th April, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

It's always difficult to comment on someone else's budget, as we don't know what you like to do, what sort of accommodation you stay in, where and what you eat, how much you drink etc etc.

However, £950 in 3 weeks is £45 per day, which looks plenty to me.

#2 Posted: 28/10/2009 - 22:52

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

That works out to well over 2,000 baht a day, which sounds like a comfortable amount of money for two on a 3-week holiday to Thailand and Laos. That's more or less what we spent on our last trip, travelling as a couple and definitely using flashpacker-level accommodation and transport and regularly splurging on beers and ice cream and massage and motor scooter hire.

If you are comfortable staying in backpacker as opposed to flashpacker style accommodation and eating at more local-type eateries, you'll spend even less money and/or have more available for beers and massage and scooter hire and shopping and all that other fun stuff that makes a good holiday great. Have a wonderful time. Cheers.

#3 Posted: 28/10/2009 - 23:50

• christay2009

Joined Travelfish
    8th February, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 4

after paying for my visa on entry [$37] i withdrew 500 US dollars in Laos and did everything i wanted to do; trekking, boat trip, tubing...i traveled around a fair bit etc over the course of 27 days. I had a fair amount of KIP left so i ended up going on a bit of a western food/drink binge in Vientiane - after this i still managed to change back about 58 dollars worth of KIP.

i do tend to live quite cheaply but i think i maintain a good living standard too

#4 Posted: 29/10/2009 - 13:51

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.