Hong Kong forum

Where to stay...

• sarah6969pi-
    nk

Joined Travelfish
    28th October, 2013

Hi All,
    I wondered if anyone can help.
    I'm visiting Hong Kong for the first time in April for my honeymoon for 4 nights.
    We've seen a few hotels that we like (and can afford!) but we're unsure if we're best staying in a central location or on Kowloon?
    Can anyone advise?
    Thanks

#1 Posted: 12/1/2014 - 14:28

• Advertisement

• worldaround-
    the

Joined Travelfish
    25th May, 2013

I guess if you can afford both places then living on Hong Kong island would be preferable. Usually you get a lot less hotel there for your money than you would in Kowloon. For Kowloon the important part is where in Kowloon. TST, right opposite of Kong Kong Island is just as central as Hong Kong island itself - but there are some parts of Kowloon that are further out. However, the most important thing is that you are close to a subway stop. Wherever you will stay you will be taking the subway a lot to get around.

#2 Posted: 27/1/2014 - 00:16

• sarah6969pi-
    nk

Joined Travelfish
    28th October, 2013

Thanks that's really helpful :)

#3 Posted: 30/1/2014 - 15:28

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.