Idle banter forum

open ended flight

• Langley

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2010

My wife and i are flying into thailand from canada, first time. we were just thinking about getting a one way ticket, because we don't plan on coming home any time soon, and will be trekking across asia into india throughout the course of at least a year. We are starting to wonder if it's not a bad idea to get a return or open ended ticket instead of a one way. Advice?

#1 Posted: 22/3/2010 - 09:19

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

If you're not planning on returning anytime soon, then a one-way sort of fits the bill as it gives you far more flexibility in the onward travel.

My only suggestion would be to get a tourist visa for Thailand beforehand to avoid any possible dramas about not having an onward ticket. (Unlikely to be an issue, but occasionally it pops up -- most often with the airline before departure).

#2 Posted: 22/3/2010 - 16:06

• Langley

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2010

sweet we are on the right track then... graci!

#3 Posted: 23/3/2010 - 08:53

• Sophia_India

Click here to learn more about Sophia_India
    Joined Travelfish
    2nd June, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

I would suggest printing off an intineray of where you are planning to go and a possible flight you may take but nobody i know has ever been asked to prove their onward travel.

#4 Posted: 2/6/2010 - 19:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Open Ended Ticket from Canada or Buffalo, NY ... By shawnmccrea on 9 Nov 2010 4 2399 10 Nov 2010
25/f flight to bangkok... open itinerary ... By ladywithafan on 14 Oct 2011 2 922 15 Oct 2011