Idle banter forum

Yoga Classes/Studios in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos

• hfergu

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2010
    Location Canada

Hello,

I'm hoping to take some yoga classes during my travels in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. So far this is the list of studios I've come up with...

Laos:
    - Vientiane --> Vientiane Yoga Studio
    Cambodia:
    - Phnom Phen --> Nata Raj Yoga
    - Siem Reap --> Raja Yoga (meditation)
    Vietnam:
    - Hanoi --> Zenith Yoga
    - Ho Chi Minh --> Breathing Room, Saigon Yoga

Does anyone have any additions? Or any experience taking classes in SE Asia?

I'm not even sure what the correct outfit would be, considering the heat in combination with the cultural expectations to dress modestly. I was thinking of bringing thin leggings and wearing a t-shirt for when I practice yoga, either solo (for example, outside by myself) or if I'm taking a class.

#1 Posted: 31/5/2010 - 19:39

• Advertisement

• Sophia_India

Click here to learn more about Sophia_India
    Joined Travelfish
    2nd June, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

When I did Yoga in India it was really hot and I wore leggings and a vest top which did the job whilst not making me so hot. If you are outside, then make sure you dont have too much flesh showing or you will be drawing too much attention which will surely put you off.....

#2 Posted: 2/6/2010 - 18:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Yoga studios on Ko Pha Ngan ... By somtam2000 on 3 Sep 2009 3 4170 23 Sep 2010
Drop in Yoga classes, Chiang Mai ... By jackymoon on 2 Nov 2013 0 491 2 Nov 2013
Looking for a nice beach in Thailand with yoga and meditation classes available ... By Itsme on 29 Dec 2013 2 956 16 Jan 2014
Taking classes in laos and vietnam ... By MariaT on 23 Jul 2009 13 3259 25 Aug 2009
Taking classes in laos and vietnam ... By MariaT on 23 Jul 2009 0 1457 23 Jul 2009