Idle banter forum
Where Should I go?
I need some advice!
I want to go away on hols from about the 20th Dec - 5th Jan this year...... But I don't know where to go!!
- Last May I went to Koh Samui - Had a great time - loved the awesome (4* hotel), loved the bars and massages on the beach in the early evening... loved the relaxed vibe, not too busy.
- Then at xmas I went to Phuket, Patong - again, awesome top end hotel, average beach, but no real beach presence at night and no beach massages.... however, great access to the rest of the island and cool trip into the Hongs and Phi etc.....
So now I'm looking for inspiration of where to go....
- maybe Koh Chang....maybe - not sure, might be a bit too quiet...
- what about other countries in the area? I know nothing about Vietnam or anyone else........
I think my priorities are.
- Awesome Hotel
- Beach Bars
- Massages on the Beach
- Local Thai Food, no international stuff....
All advice most appreciated!
#1 Posted: 8/7/2010 - 17:55
Awe, come on..... 57 views and no replies!!
I would really appreciate some advice.... complete novice in this part of the world!
#2 Posted: 9/7/2010 - 17:48
Ko Lanta ? Ticks most of your boxes, I think, though no idea about 4 star hotels. Also, not sure if you're after a party island. Ko Lanta is more family orientated, especially around Christmas. Ko Chang would be nearer to Bangkok if that's an issue.
Remember, though, anywhere at Christmas is going to be super-busy.
#3 Posted: 9/7/2010 - 20:08
Yeah, was thinking Koh Lanta, a friend went there recently over xmas and he loved it.....
Reading this blog http://tezza-thailandbeachesandislands.blogspot.com/
I'm learning alot.... so maybe Koh Lanta maybe the place....
Any suggestions outside of Thailand?
#4 Posted: 9/7/2010 - 20:15
Add your reply
You need to be logged in to add a reply.
Not a member? you can join here.