Idle banter forum

Happy new year (and where are you at?)

• Sampan

Joined Travelfish
    3rd September, 2009
    Total reviews: 3

Posted from within Vietnam.

Happy new year all!

I'm in Hoi An myself, sitting back sipping coffee's and soaking up the warmth and (relative) peace.. (all compared with Hanoi. It was cold! :)

Where are you at, and what are you doing?

#1 Posted: 30/12/2010 - 11:07

• Advertisement

• svendj

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2010
    Location Belgium
    Places visited:
    At least 32

Well, back home (Belgium/ Flemish part) for just over a year now. Had been backpacking/working around south east Asia on and off for about 2 years. Back home and working on another job for a year now.
    Saving **** loads of money for whenever I get the chance to go off again for a few years (which is now but I want more money :p).

Will be in Thailand and Laos in April though for a month holiday.

Enjoy your time in Hoi An! been there for a week in august last year and stayed at a major resort (got 50% discount because of low season so we just paid $5 extra for a resort instead of a crappy hotel :p).

Don't know if you've been around already.... otherwise, take a motorbike and drive to the sea (you know where it is). and then take the main road up north over there (not going back into town), after a 20 minute drive you'll end up at Buddha mountain or something. aah well, you'll figure it out.
    enjoy!

#2 Posted: 30/12/2010 - 15:47

• somsai

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2006
    Location United States

Wishing I were on the other side of the world and watching the thermometer drop like a rock. Minus 10 degrees and still falling.

#3 Posted: 31/12/2010 - 11:31

• neosho

Joined Travelfish
    13th August, 2008

Thailand, about an hour and a half south and east of Ubon Ratchathani. Little village. Weather is beautiful Somsai. (smile) Working on tomorrow's hangover. Happy New Year all.

#4 Posted: 31/12/2010 - 16:59

• svendj

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2010
    Location Belgium
    Places visited:
    At least 32

ah well neosho, you're at a good place now but ... you use Somsai for a smile [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img] that's the farang word for smile :p, use this : ยิ้มแย้ม, this is yim yaem (pronounce the y"aem" as "am" in english from "I am" so it's gotta be yim yam or something [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img].hehe). or just use YIM, that's just a smile and YIM YAEM is a big smile.

also: a hangover is mao kang!

anyway bro, take care cause you're probably in a much better, more beautiful place than I am now [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img].
    cheers

hmm, a little edit: it seams that the forum doesn't accept thai characters :p.

#5 Posted: 31/12/2010 - 20:52

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Happy New Year! ... By eastwest on 1 Jan 2012 3 1034 2 Jan 2012