Idle banter forum

So I leave in 2 days...

• rmccauley

Joined Travelfish
    20th October, 2010

First up- apologies if this is in the wrong forum. Mods, feel free to move it!

I leave for 10 weeks in SE Asia very early on Wednesday morning- 4 weeks in Thailand, 3 weeks in Laos and 2+1/2 weeks in Cambodia.

Has anyone got any last minute tips for me, or suggestions as to must haves (that I might've forgotten)?

I think I have the main items covered- have a decent backpack, a few changes of clothes, my camera, my travel insurance, my guidebook and enough local currency for the first week!

A lot of people seem to say the less you bring the better, but I hope I haven't made any glaring omissions as its my first time....

#1 Posted: 3/1/2011 - 06:58

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

last minute tip - take it as it comes

#2 Posted: 16/1/2011 - 14:42

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

i always bring a headlamp and a towel (travel towel preferred) . . . Imodium AD, Tums, and whatever painkiller you like for sore muscles and hangovers.

#3 Posted: 16/1/2011 - 16:51

• rmccauley

Joined Travelfish
    20th October, 2010

Thanks you guys. Just about packed all the necessaries, although I did manage to leave my camera at home :(
    Have been here about 10 days and its safe to say anything I didn't bring has been very easy to come by. Staying beside a huge shopping centre in Patong, Phuket definitely helped!!!

#4 Posted: 16/1/2011 - 17:03

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

you know - i forget my camera the last two trips i went on - didn't hit me until i was on the plane. makes me wonder why i bought the thing.

#5 Posted: 16/1/2011 - 17:26

• AbigailatPe-
    nhandInk

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Buy a cheapo camera while you're away - some of the best pics I have are from giving my camera to local children and letting them snap. You get a totally different perspective. And because it's a cheap one, you won't be worried about them damaging it (although mine never has been).

#6 Posted: 25/1/2011 - 11:52

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.