Idle banter forum

My 3 Month Travel Blog

• bdtjones

Joined Travelfish
    17th September, 2010
    Location Canada

Hey all,

I just thought that since I use Travelfish so often, and I have been traveling South East Asia for the last 3 months, that I would share my blog with all of you.

http://brentjoneson.blogspot.com/
    Disclaimer: There is some rude language, some disgusting yet hilarious stories, and just all around good memories in there, so read at your own risk :).

#1 Posted: 29/4/2011 - 11:58

• Advertisement

• naomiolson

Joined Travelfish
    11th April, 2011

hi brent. where did you stay on ko phi phi and did you like it?
    thanks
    naomi

#2 Posted: 29/4/2011 - 15:33

• bdtjones

Joined Travelfish
    17th September, 2010
    Location Canada

I stayed at The Rock Backpackers. It wasn't bad, a single room with shared bathrooms was 350 baht so a little pricey, but that's Ko Phi Phi for ya. It really depends on what your looking for, if your looking for a great social setting in which to meet other backpackers, then it doesn't get any better than Rock, even though I stayed in one of the single rooms by myself, it was right next to the dorms, and every night we ended up setting up right outside the dorms and playing King's Cup (a drinking game involving a deck of cards). We'd start the game with just 4 of us and end up with at least 8 within the next hour so it was really fun in that respect. But if you looking for a very quiet, laid-back experience, then i wouldn't recommend it.

Oh and PS for everyone who is going to read, keep in mind that I am 23 years old, as I know a lot of the people on this site don't like the whole "Come to SEA to party thing". And while I did far more on my trip than just partying (partying took up not even half) I still did quite a bit, and therefore there are a few drinking stories in there (ok more than a few).

#3 Posted: 29/4/2011 - 16:46

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

"as I know a lot of the people on this site don't like the whole "Come to SEA to party thing"'

I think this is a great place to come to party. I just have trouble understanding why people come all the way here and want to party with other westerners, instead of indigenous people.

#4 Posted: 30/4/2011 - 02:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.