Idle banter forum

Where is the outrage?

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

These men are executed in cold blood, a video of it is taken, and not a peep. A nutbag in Florida burns a Qur'an, and every Muslim in Afghanistan has his panties in a twist. What is wrong with the thought processes going on here? Imagine if the Australian Army had captured 16 Taliban militants, then simply lined them up on a hill top, and video taped their execution (complete with a troooper walking down the line and popping each one in the head just to be sure). There would be a hue and cry from one end of the planet to the other. Why do the Taliban get a pass? There's one article here, but where are the protests? Where are the anti taliban flag burnings? Where is the outrage?

http://news.yahoo.com/taliban-execute-pakistani-policemen-video-080920043.html

#1 Posted: 18/7/2011 - 23:31

• Advertisement

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Can't say much more than I totally agree with you.

#2 Posted: 18/7/2011 - 23:52

• eyebones59

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2010
    Total reviews: 2
    Places visited:
    At least 44

100% agree with you, its all abit one sided to say the least...

#3 Posted: 19/7/2011 - 00:39

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Doesn't seem to be much outrage on here either.These guys were murdered in cold blood!!

#4 Posted: 19/7/2011 - 23:22

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

Ironic isn't it? Western Democracies are attacked all the time (both from within and without), The finest form of governance known to the human condition, and it's target practice. But somehow even the most barbarous behavior barely gets noticed when it eminates from elsewhere. Videos of women being viciously assaulted by relatives (and killed in the process) and yet no outrage. Perhaps and article or two, a diplomatic statement or two - but a guy from Denmark draws a cartoon and all hell breaks loose.

#5 Posted: 20/7/2011 - 01:40

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

The reason is clearly because it's Muslim on Muslim. This doesn't make it right, far from it, but in the eyes of the Muslim population of Pakistan and Afghanistan (some who are still hardline Taliban supporters), as long as there is no outside interference from the "infidels" then the tolerance threshold for these type of barbaric acts is increased greatly.

Given that chopping off people's hands, tongues and other body parts is a daily occurence in Saudi Arabia and other parts of the Middle East I don't know what the huge shock all of a sudden here is.

But please note, I deplore such actions and felt sick when I saw that video of these poor men, apparently just trying to do their job.

#6 Posted: 20/7/2011 - 20:29

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

"...as long as there is no outside interference from the "infidels" then the tolerance threshold for these type of barbaric acts is increased greatly."

I understand why Islamic cultures aren't all worked up. Because they have a culture that wouldn't pass muster in an ant hill.

But where is the western outrage? Nobody seems to give **** at all. The same people who would howl with outrage don't care if the trigger puller isn't a westerner. Held to a different standard maybe? And if the victims had been westerners (not that that should matter) then the protests that would exist would be protests about how we should pull our troops out and leave the field to the animals. There is an entire thought process here which says "western bad, others get a break" that is being played out both within western society and without. Very unhealthy.

#7 Posted: 20/7/2011 - 21:32

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

In UK the left-wing agenda confuses me.They call Islam a tolerant religion, don't get me wrong I know many good, kind-hearted and tolerant Muslims but the religion itself is inherently intolerant on issues such as women's rights, gay rights etc.At the same time the same people support the rights of women, gays etc.
    I'm sorry but I get confused.Maybe somebody can enlighten me.

#8 Posted: 20/7/2011 - 23:09

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

Nobody can enlighten you, because their position is inconsistent.

#9 Posted: 11/8/2011 - 11:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.