Photo: Wong's Bar, Bangkok.

Idle banter forum

Nice and quiet beach accommodation?

Posted by Sampan on 22/12/2011 at 23:42

Hello Forum!

I'm looking to find a nice quiet beach hideout (with tons of sunshine) and some nice, backpacker-budget friendly accommodation to just relax to the melting point for a few weeks, I also woulden't want to have to spend to much effort to get there... That's not to much to ask for in the middle of peak season, is it?? :)

I'm in Luang Prabang at the moment and would be looking to fly from here. I found a flight with Vietnam airlines to Siem Reap, and one idea would be to get from there towards Kampot/Kep to find some beach hideout from there, Rabbit island sounds very nice, it also sounds quite small so i'm guessing it could be pretty full.. (?)

Flying from here to Indonesia via Bangkok/KL could also be an option, but it seems to take a lot of time to get to the quiet spots...

I realize this must be a bit like asking for place to find a rooster egg at this time of the year, but if anyone have any suggestions please post..

#1 Sampan has been a member since 3/9/2009. Posts: 110

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.