Idle banter forum

insurance issue...

  • sorabee

    Joined Travelfish
    1st February, 2012
    Posts: 8

    Hello Everyone...

    My question is exactly this: "What is my country of permanent residence?"
    I live in Athens Greece with a residence permit/work permit. I am originally from South Korea so I hold a South Korean passport.
    So should I put S.Korea as my permenant residence or Greece? I am rather confused because I have not lived in S. Korea since 1998 but I do not technically have the right to "permenantly" live in Greece without renewing my permit...
    I need to get a travel insurance and I would like to get a couples' cover as offered on World Nomads website as I will be travelling to Thailand with my boyfriend who is Greek.
    But, I wonder if my country of permanant residence is NOT Greece, then we cannot get the couples cover?
    I don't want to select the wrong permanent residence and then the cover somehow doesn't apply...
    Please Help!

    #1 Posted: 7/2/2012 - 10:00

  • Advertisement

  • busylizzy

    Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Posts: 2155
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

    Why not ask the insurance company? They will know what they are looking for. You can always ask anonymously first if you are concerned.

    #2 Posted: 7/2/2012 - 14:36

  • KirstyB

    Click here to learn more about KirstyB
    Joined Travelfish
    27th July, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Posts: 151
    Total reviews: 7
    Places visited:
    At least 215

    I agree with busylizzys suggestion in terms of getting a definitive answer but I think generally country of residence is used to determine the country to which you will be repatriated to in the event of an emergency.

    #3 Posted: 7/2/2012 - 21:17

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Hotel Deals of the Day
best price guarantee