Idle banter forum

Help with my novel!

• rledez1990

Click here to learn more about rledez1990
    Joined Travelfish
    12th March, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

In the absence of a trip to plan, I've started writing a novel using my travel experiences as part of the plot. Unfortunately, I haven't done everything that I would like my character to do... and while I can look at photographs and websites to get a sense of what it would be like to be there, but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to tell me their experiences of certain places?

I'm only in the planning stages, but at this stage would appreciate descriptions of:

What it's like to be at a floating market in Bangkok (have been looking at the Taling Chan Market). I'm talking smells, sounds, tastes etc.

A trip around Koh Lanta by moped

Favourite foods from these areas that I may not have tried

I understand that this is a forum for researching trips, so if any of you find this inappropriate I completely understand... but I thought there would be no better place to hear personal experiences than this, since everyone is so passionate!

My character will travel through Singapore, KL Malaysia, Bangkok, Krabi, Koh Lanta, Phi Phi, Phuket and Samui. If you have ANY outstanding memories from these places that you would be willing to share please share, either on here on by personal message.

If my wildest dream comes true and I get this novel published I will of course thank everyone who contributes.

Thank you in advance :)

#1 Posted: 25/6/2012 - 11:34

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

You got to have a plot man. Just some guy roaming around and checking out stuff in SEA isnt' going to cut it. That stuff makes for interesting backdrop, but it is backdrop. What's the story line?

#2 Posted: 25/6/2012 - 11:55

• rledez1990

Click here to learn more about rledez1990
    Joined Travelfish
    12th March, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

You'll have to wait until I've written it and read it to find out the plot ;-) I'll be sure to send you a copy haha!

#3 Posted: 25/6/2012 - 12:51

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.