Idle banter forum

Travel memories

• blaziko

Joined Travelfish
    1st October, 2012

Hello :)!
    What tools are you using during your travel to save it's real image? I mean, do you think that photos and text is enough? I'm looking for some method to save my memories easily but better than only with camera. What do you think is the best way to do it? What is most important for you while creating your documentary? I'm looking for inspiration. What if you are travelling with buddies? Any method to create documentary easily and together? I know I'm asking many questions but I'm a little bit desperate about it ;)

Cheers,
    Blaise

PS. If this is bad category, I'm sorry, but I couldn't find better in my opinion.

#1 Posted: 1/10/2012 - 15:48

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Personally, I like to keep a travel blog. It provides an update for family and friends (with photos) so I don't generally have to correspond individually. As well as recording memories and stories of each place, I try to record practical stuff like where I stayed, etc. I often refer to mine after my trip - often as a reference to provide other travellers with info. And of course, it then becomes a source of info and inspiration for other travellers planning their trips.

Travelpod is quite a good one, esp if you're not technical, or don't want your own website domain. It allows you to easily upload photos, and it has a map that you can use to record where you've been. They have a facility to turn it into a book after the trip if you want, although I haven't done this as it looked quite expensive. I did, however, export it into a Word Document so that I could keep my own 'book'.

If you are more technically minded, and want to put the time into it, you could also set up your own blog on WordPress.

Other than that, I have a box of 'bits and pieces' that I have kept - ticket stubs, postcards or whatever I kept along the way. Not sure why I'm keeping it though.... that doesn't get pulled out much!

#2 Posted: 1/10/2012 - 17:07

• blaziko

Joined Travelfish
    1st October, 2012

Your box of "bits and pieces" gets me more than blog, but it's not what I was thinking about. I mean, I'm looking for something complex, to record memories as they really were. I want to experience situations I have taken part in as truly as it is possible. You can't place music or weather in your box, for example. I think that "future album" could describe it quite well. Maybe it is impossible... :)

#3 Posted: 3/10/2012 - 05:46

• Saphir

Click here to learn more about Saphir
    Joined Travelfish
    19th May, 2009
    Total reviews: 7
    Places visited:
    At least 57

I can't stand travel blogs. Here's an idea. While on holiday, get yourself a really large, colourful, crudely executed tattoo.

#4 Posted: 26/11/2012 - 00:28

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.