Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

"Interesting" approach to travel...

"Adventure motorcycle barging. 20,000 km. 8 countries. 5½ months. Never paid to sleep. Never washed white-T/jeans. Never shaved. No meat. No hotels. No bullshit.

The duo also lived by a set of strict rules referred to as The 10 Commandments, which included never paying for a hotel or hostel, abstaining from eating meat completely and never, ever wasting a drop of beer."

You can read the full story here on TNT Magazine - worth a look just for the top pic of those unwashed tshirts.

Thoughts?

#1 Posted: 17/1/2013 - 07:49

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Well, they don't explain their ten commandments. They don't explain why they don't wash. They don't explain why they don't eat meat. So... they're nuts until they can explain otherwise. Being extreme is not a euphamism for being cool or great.

#2 Posted: 17/1/2013 - 11:53

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

That's just disgusting. There's no excuse for it. Seriously - they go couchsurfing? Where they are invited into people's homes? Looking (and smelling!) like that? Where's theie sense of self-respect - if not for themselves, for others around them?

(Geesh, I sound like my mother now!)

Title of this thread should be 'Skunky', not 'skinky' - although I presume you meant 'Stinky'!

#3 Posted: 17/1/2013 - 13:27

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

I'm with Liz here. And I skinky is not a word. There's a whole lot wrong with that blog.

#4 Posted: 18/1/2013 - 00:10

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Skinky wasn't a word, but it is now.

It means these two guys ;-)

#5 Posted: 18/1/2013 - 01:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.