Idle banter forum

Getting there cheap

• Brute

Joined Travelfish
    16th December, 2012

Hi everyone, long time reader writing here and am looking for a bit of advice. Currently, Im looking into flying back to SEA in january of 2014. Prices now seem much higher than i remember when i flew a few years ago, so heres where travelfish community comes in. Im looking to fly out of edmonton alberta, and hopefully into indonesia or philppines. Does anybody have a cheap way that they have used to get here (Say fly into shanghai then a cheap flight on air asia) or a website that has been consistant in good deals? i know im looking pretty far ahead so rices are still up there.

Also, Im currently collecting RBC avion point. are there any airlines of companies that will do points exchanges or something similar? I know british airways will, twice a year, exchange avion points for british airways and give a 50% bonush for doing so.

Are there any travel credit cards that will give a bonus amount of points or a flight for signing up? (with a reasonable fee to boot)?

Thanks everyone, look forward to hearing your input

#1 Posted: 18/2/2013 - 14:21

• Advertisement

• destidations

Joined Travelfish
    7th February, 2013

Januaray is high season probably for everywhere. But Air asia provide promotions thought. You gotta wait a bit or maybe use a fuction that show you best price. It might be cheaper on the day before/after your planned. But it's worth :)

--
    Destidations

#2 Posted: 18/2/2013 - 22:38

• destidations

Joined Travelfish
    7th February, 2013

Januaray is high season probably for everywhere. But Air asia provide promotions thought. You gotta wait a bit or maybe use a fuction that show you best price. It might be cheaper on the day before/after your planned. But it's worth :)

--
    Destidations

#3 Posted: 18/2/2013 - 23:44

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.