Idle banter forum

To travel or not to travel

• shescomeund-
    one

Joined Travelfish
    14th August, 2013
    Location New Zealand

23 year old with 2014 being the last year of my undergraduate degree. I spent last year working and travelling through Asia and am now back at uni but I really want to spend next year saving and travelling through Asia for another 6 months + again. People around me say that the logical thing to do is to finish my degree but I am not so sure? I want some opinions!!

#1 Posted: 14/8/2013 - 04:54

• Advertisement

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

I think at 23 to have done 6 months travelling already is great and probably sets you apart from your contemporaries. I would say finish out your degree and get a sample of working life and then, if you still feel like it, take off again in a few years. I think to go again so soon after might in some ways spoil the magic of your first trip. You have a long life ahead of you, best to get your qualifications and experience in order before going anywhere again IMO.

#2 Posted: 15/8/2013 - 04:38

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.