Photo: Wong's Bar, Bangkok.

Idle banter forum

To travel or not to travel

Posted by shescomeundone on 14/8/2013 at 04:54

23 year old with 2014 being the last year of my undergraduate degree. I spent last year working and travelling through Asia and am now back at uni but I really want to spend next year saving and travelling through Asia for another 6 months + again. People around me say that the logical thing to do is to finish my degree but I am not so sure? I want some opinions!!

#1 shescomeundone has been a member since 14/8/2013. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 1

Posted by chinarocks on 15/8/2013 at 04:38

I think at 23 to have done 6 months travelling already is great and probably sets you apart from your contemporaries. I would say finish out your degree and get a sample of working life and then, if you still feel like it, take off again in a few years. I think to go again so soon after might in some ways spoil the magic of your first trip. You have a long life ahead of you, best to get your qualifications and experience in order before going anywhere again IMO.

#2 chinarocks has been a member since 17/6/2011. Posts: 740

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.