Photo: Wong's Bar, Bangkok.

Idle banter forum

Travel site - like Travelfish - on India?

Posted by Solaris on 1/7/2008 at 03:10

We are combining a trip to Asia with one month in India - and although we have found guide books, we would so much like to do research on the internet.

We are especially interested in sites with descriptions on hotels and guesthouses - but NOT the ones from LP as these tend to be overrun.

Can anyone out there help us, please? We would love a site that included travelling with children :-)

Thanks!

Mette /Denmark

#1 Solaris has been a member since 1/7/2008. Posts: 11

Posted by somtam2000 on 19/7/2008 at 08:22 admin

The best India website I'm aware of is India Mike.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Solaris on 9/8/2008 at 03:57

Thank you a bunch. I have had a quick look at the site, and although it is not nearly as good as travelfish, it seems to turn in the right direction.
And I can certainly pick off some good ideas.

#3 Solaris has been a member since 1/7/2008. Posts: 11

Posted by truecompanion on 30/1/2012 at 09:36

India is a vast country and one can not see whole of it in one month. In fact even 6 months will not be enough. Therefore decide what you want to see and then collect information. North & South India is for Historical places, Temples etc. whereas Western India if for beaches, caves and the megacity of Mumbai.

#4 truecompanion has been a member since 30/1/2012. Location: India. Posts: 6

Posted by altmtl on 30/1/2012 at 19:51

I was in South India 3 months and didn't even make it to the east coast or the north... one month is not enough. India Mike is a great resource.

#5 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 992
 Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by savorygal on 30/1/2012 at 20:37

another great Indian resource is cleartrip.com. you can book & pay for trains online. It's super easy & secure saves the hassle of going to the train station. you can see how many tickets are still available & waitlisted numbers as well. and while you cannot take advantage of foreigner or ladies quotas it's an efficient way to book trains.

Have fun & agree with other posters about picking one area to concentrate on :India is huge & travel can be difficult & frustrating.

#6 savorygal has been a member since 16/7/2010. Posts: 159
 Website 

Posted by millosz on 25/3/2015 at 15:24

I agree with savorygal on this, i often used that site and i'm happy.

#7 millosz has been a member since 10/3/2015. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.