Idle banter forum

Concert venues in Asia

• Remedy

Joined Travelfish
    25th July, 2009
    Total reviews: 7

Hi everyone.

I'm planning on taking a trip to Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos at the end of this year. One thing I would really like to experience is a concert (preferably rock music), and I'm therefore looking for venues who hosts such events. It turns out this is not an easy task by just googling.

Do any of you guys know about such a venue, or have any pointers on where to look online? No venue is too small :).

Cheers

#1 Posted: 25/7/2009 - 06:11

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

The venue is less the issue than who you want to see. Carabao is a great take. But there are MANY live bands playing in small venues. If you come out to where I live I can point you in the right direction.

#2 Posted: 1/8/2009 - 14:36

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

John (MAC)

I'm wondering whether your wife would like you inviting Remedy to come visit you... (for any reason...).

That to one side, what does Muc have to offer regarding live rock bands?

Cheers

#3 Posted: 1/8/2009 - 18:08

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

Bruce
    Live bands playing here EVERY NIGHT.

And I didn't invite Remedy to come stay at my house, just told him if he comes to Muk I'll square him away.

#4 Posted: 2/8/2009 - 01:38

• Remedy

Joined Travelfish
    25th July, 2009
    Total reviews: 7

No worries.. I don't plan to bother anyone.

The idea was to see if anyone had a website or similar where the biggest venues in the biggest cities display a program or such. But checking out the local pub sounds good too.

Cheers,

#5 Posted: 17/8/2009 - 21:34

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

Remedy
    Don't take that the wrong way, it would not be a bother. I'd love to take you out for a night. I have an easy going lifestyle here.

But no, I don't know of any web sites or such.

I have to say that most local bands do suck. But there are some gems. We have a great folk band here, and a few months back we had an excellent rap band.

#6 Posted: 18/8/2009 - 00:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.