Photo: Wong's Bar, Bangkok.

Idle banter forum

Concert venues in Asia

Posted by Remedy on 25/7/2009 at 06:11

Hi everyone.

I'm planning on taking a trip to Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos at the end of this year. One thing I would really like to experience is a concert (preferably rock music), and I'm therefore looking for venues who hosts such events. It turns out this is not an easy task by just googling.

Do any of you guys know about such a venue, or have any pointers on where to look online? No venue is too small :).

Cheers

#1 Remedy has been a member since 25/7/2009. Posts: 31

Posted by MADMAC on 1/8/2009 at 14:36

The venue is less the issue than who you want to see. Carabao is a great take. But there are MANY live bands playing in small venues. If you come out to where I live I can point you in the right direction.

#2 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Posted by BruceMoon on 1/8/2009 at 18:08

John (MAC)

I'm wondering whether your wife would like you inviting Remedy to come visit you... (for any reason...).

That to one side, what does Muc have to offer regarding live rock bands?

Cheers

#3 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by MADMAC on 2/8/2009 at 01:38

Bruce
Live bands playing here EVERY NIGHT.

And I didn't invite Remedy to come stay at my house, just told him if he comes to Muk I'll square him away.

#4 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Posted by Remedy on 17/8/2009 at 21:34

No worries.. I don't plan to bother anyone.

The idea was to see if anyone had a website or similar where the biggest venues in the biggest cities display a program or such. But checking out the local pub sounds good too.

Cheers,

#5 Remedy has been a member since 25/7/2009. Posts: 31

Posted by MADMAC on 18/8/2009 at 00:41

Remedy
Don't take that the wrong way, it would not be a bother. I'd love to take you out for a night. I have an easy going lifestyle here.

But no, I don't know of any web sites or such.

I have to say that most local bands do suck. But there are some gems. We have a great folk band here, and a few months back we had an excellent rap band.

#6 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.