Idle banter forum

WHO is the imposter?

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

On another link ( here ), we learn that on some days - esp. Sunday's - Somtam2000 isn't!!!

Instead, there is a clandestine operator assuming the mantle of Somtam2000!!!

Despite requests to uncover the mask, the imposter remains in hiding.

The question that follows is who is this other Stuart? What are his/her characteristics? And, will there now be some form of competition to be top dog somtam2000?

Cheers

#1 Posted: 30/8/2009 - 19:45

• Advertisement

• Thaiman

Click here to learn more about Thaiman
    Joined Travelfish
    12th November, 2008

So I've just read the link,Bruce and I'm with SBE.Does it really matter who Somtam is?He owns and runs the site and if he wants someone trusted to run the site for a couple of days while he drinks beer then thats OK by me.

#2 Posted: 31/8/2009 - 16:57

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Thaiman

In one sense, I agree with you. Clearly, Stuart & Sam need their own time, etc., etc..

The point I was trying to make is that if another steps into the 'chair', then that person ought be identified by some moniker or another: maybe somtam2000(1) or somtam2000(a), etc.

The views expressed by the Sunday stand-in were quite different to those one would expect from Stuart. Does that matter? Yes, I think it does. Ppl have a view about me, about SBE, about Stuart, etc. I think that if there is a 'stand-in', then differentiation needs to be identified.

And, as an aside, it'd be nice if the Sunday stand-in said something about themself.

Cheers

#3 Posted: 31/8/2009 - 18:38

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.