Idle banter forum

MADMAC.... question for you

• neosho

Joined Travelfish
    13th August, 2008

I will be relocating to Ubon soon and was wondering if Mukdahan(sp)has a Thai immigration office where I can do my 90 day report. If they do, tell me of a good guesthouse and BAR. :) Thanks in advance for any information.

#1 Posted: 31/8/2009 - 11:29

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

They do - but I would be surprised if Ubon does not. Current policy requires you to register in that location where you are residing.

As for good bars... depends on what you are looking for. If it's romance, then go to the tower on the north end of town. You can't miss it. The tower is ten stories tall, really stands out. It's on the road to Don Tan and Chanuman.

If you are looking for something upscale then the piano bar at the Ploy Palace Hotel is your best bet. It's on the tenth floor.

There are several places with decent live bands. For convenience sake I recommend you try the small entertainment district across the MAIN STREET from the Ploy (sort of behind the esso gas station).

For accomodation the Hua Num is popular and cheap, as is the Sub-Mukda hotel.

#2 Posted: 31/8/2009 - 15:09

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Neosho,

Will you not be able to take care of your 90 day report in Ubon, or in Chong Mek?

#3 Posted: 31/8/2009 - 20:13

• neosho

Joined Travelfish
    13th August, 2008

Tilapia...The few times I have been there, I never bothered to look. My girlfriend said there wasn't, but what does she know because she doesn't need to look for one. LOL I hope you realize I say that in jest. As with all things, I tend to "wing it" and not plan to much. My bad! I was just pondering an option in case there wasn't. Thanks for the idea of Chong Mek though.
    Madmac....Not looking for romance or upscale, though I do like to take the lady someplace nice once in a while. The live bands are good as long as it's not disco style (blaring). My hearing is bad enough. Just like a decent bed, private shower, and some Jack Daniels (or whatever is available)in the evening. I do hope to do a little more exploring of the area while I am there though. So may make it up to Muk someday whether I need to or not.
    Thanks to both of you for answering.

#4 Posted: 1/9/2009 - 00:25

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

If you come out here, drop me a line and I'll hook you up on the things you want to see / do. No problem. City isn't that big, so finding you here would be easy enough.

My email is madmac572@yahoo.com

#5 Posted: 8/9/2009 - 21:55

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hey Neosho,

Be sure to check out Khong Chiam while you're in the area. Fantastic little spot right where the Moon dumps into the Mekong.

Cheers.

#6 Posted: 9/9/2009 - 02:00

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.