Idle banter forum

Bring Brucemoon back!

• mattocmd

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2007
    Location United States

I feel like a child again.

Daddy can I say this??? Daddy can I ask you why you do that??

#1 Posted: 12/9/2009 - 15:08

• Advertisement

• mattocmd

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2007
    Location United States

My form of protest will be my signature.

I will not comment on this issue again. I encourage others to do the same. Speaking out will only get you banned. This form of protest is all we have.

#2 Posted: 12/9/2009 - 15:28

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

I do agree that Stuart should simply tell Bruce exactly what it is he's doing that is so caustic and specify that he not do it and re-instate him. I realize Stuart has apparently tried to communicate the specifics before, but I still believe now having fired a shot across the bow he should be brought back in.

Bruce is easily the most informed poster here and for every person who doesn't like his posts, I am sure there are many who do.

#3 Posted: 12/9/2009 - 16:32

• mattocmd

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2007
    Location United States

Amen Exacto

I read through all his comments directed towards the powers that be. Nothing was out of line, there were no bad words or anything like that.

I think Stuart is acting overly sensitive. I doubt he has anything to hide, so what is the big deal.

I also looked at a bunch of his posts. 99% were very helpful to those who were in need of help.

#4 Posted: 12/9/2009 - 16:41

• SEQfunbod

Joined Travelfish
    9th August, 2009

I agree. I've asked 2 questions. On one, I asked about boat travel in Laos. brucemoon answered in detail quickly. Others made extra information. I also asked a question about 4000 islands, brucemoon didn't answer. I wish he did. I think he only answers what he knows about. If it wasn't for brucemoon I probably wouldn't be bothering about going to Laos. he gave me good advice.

Yes, bring him back

#5 Posted: 12/9/2009 - 18:38

• bronzedwarr-
    ior

Joined Travelfish
    23rd November, 2007

Even my missus, who hardly ever looks at Travelfish, knows the name 'Bruce Moon'... That says something, don't you think??

I'm not surprised that he has been 'suspended' ( Having read some of the exchanges between Bruce and Somtam of late, I could sense that Somtam was growing tired of dealing with Bruce! It was only a matter of time! ).

The thing is, Bruce is entertaining.

Yes, he's cocky ( Arrogant even - By the way, I consider that a compliment! ), well informed, well travelled and very helpful ( In my opinion! ). I don't consider him aggressive ( As others have stated ). He is an asset.

Above all though, he's entertaining, end of story, and I for one think this site will be poorer without him.

Can't the pair of you just kiss and make up??

'Cheers' ( If I could put that in red, I would! )

#6 Posted: 12/9/2009 - 20:15

• somsai

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2006
    Location United States

"I will not comment on this issue again"

and then you do an hour and twenty minutes later.

Starting pissing contests with the admins is never a great idea. It's like going to someone's house for dinner chugging the expensive wine and starting arguements with the neighbor, eventually you'll be asked to leave and come back when sober.

#7 Posted: 12/9/2009 - 20:18

• mattocmd

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2007
    Location United States

Somsai - How about contributing to the topic at hand, rather than worrying about what I do? I wasn't going to comment anymore but alas, I am in the majority on this issue and feel it is COMPLETE BS. Sorry if I started an argument (not arguement, BTW).

I started posting here June of 07. Not a million messages but I guess I only post when either A) I have good advice or B) I have a good question. Here is my advice, we are not children and shouldn't be treated like them.

And your analogy is a bit far-fetched, wouldn't you say? As if I am here mooching. I have bought my share of travel guides and have given my share of good advice. He can kick me off if he wants, would just be hurting himself.

I was going to buy some more travel guides for my trip in three months but I guess I would have to settle for Lonely Planet if I were no longer a member.

Now do you have anything valuable to contribute to the conversation?

#8 Posted: 12/9/2009 - 23:35

• somsai

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2006
    Location United States

Actually I meant the second part about Brother Bruce, in re reading I can see how you'd think they were directed at you, appologies for the ambiguous writing and misunderstanding. The first part just struck a funny bone, you know like when you find a newspaper contradicting itself in the same issue.

No need to buy guides, just wait and enter one of those contests or read up while traveling. LP has some great writing, but the info is often dated.

Now do you have anything valuable to contribute to the conversation?:

New username for Bruce when he logs in from the internet cafe down the street.

Brevity Soon? Juice Loon?

#9 Posted: 13/9/2009 - 00:12

• Nywoman

Joined Travelfish
    28th July, 2008

Why do I feel Somsai is ornery? Probably because he is.

Brucemoon whatever identity you take, you are also very argumentative.
    Perhaps the administrators would like a less controversial site?

However Brucemoon you have give excellent advice to me, better than any other website. However you do argue a lot and not necessarily in the most constructive way.

The internet is different than everyday life. You don't need to rise to every bait, actually you don't in every day life either.

I would like to see you back a bit tempered perhaps

#10 Posted: 13/9/2009 - 07:40

• Advertisement

• furneburner

Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2009

I vote to bring him back...i've only just started posting and he helped me tremendously.

#11 Posted: 13/9/2009 - 08:02

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I've just added some points from us regarding this over on the original thread on this topic. As such I'm locking this one off. The other post is here -- feel free to add your thoughts over there.

Tks

#12 Posted: 13/9/2009 - 13:42

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

This post has been locked by the moderator.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
back-packing: what to bring/ what not to bring ... By ryder80 on 7 Jan 2011 2 4434 7 Jan 2011
Procedure to bring live plants (flowers) from thailand back to my country (Brunei Darussalam). ... By blueeulb on 7 Jul 2014 0 114 7 Jul 2014