Idle banter forum

Connecting flights with Air Asia

• Rohan

Joined Travelfish
    16th June, 2009

Not sure if this is the right topic for this, but there didn't seem to be anything specific.

I have booked a flight home from KL to Australia with Air Asia. However, Air Asia does not fly to Sydney (where I live) and so I am traveling via Melbourne, and I do not now how long to leave for the connecting flight.

Does anyone have any experience flying Air Asia? Do they tend to run on time?

#1 Posted: 20/10/2009 - 17:53

• Advertisement

• furneburner

Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2009

The Air Asia X flights i have caught (2 so far i think?) have always arrived early.

I don't think you will have too much problem with the Air Asia X flights, but maybe others have had bad experiences.

Best to leave 3 hours just in case like any other flight though...

#2 Posted: 20/10/2009 - 18:48

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

Air Asia has a pretty solid track record of being on time. You should plan as though you're flying any other airline.

#3 Posted: 21/10/2009 - 02:12

• wanderingcat

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2006
    Total reviews: 4
    Places visited:
    At least 67

depends on time of day. morning flights tend to be on time, while evening/night flights run a higher risk of being delayed cos any delays that occur earlier in the day just snowball. don't know about Air Asia X, only flown their AK & FD routes.

#4 Posted: 21/10/2009 - 09:25

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
KL airport connecting flights ... By battambangdave on 22 Dec 2010 1 3210 22 Dec 2010
Chinese transit visa? connecting international flights through Shanghai Pudong Airport (PVG) ... By sashanyc28 on 31 Dec 2009 2 14610 16 Oct 2011
Not enough time to make connecting flight with Air Asia ? ... By scythemk on 27 Sep 2010 3 3828 29 Sep 2010