Idle banter forum

I love copyright in cyberspace

• fondo

Joined Travelfish
    23rd June, 2006
    Total reviews: 19
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Having been home for nearly a month, I'm obviously planning another holiday!

These two pages about the attractions of Ha Tien make interesting reading:

http://www.travelfish.org/location/vietnam/mekong_delta/kien_giang/ha_tien

http://www.odctravel.com.vn/destination/general-132-General_informations_about_Ha_Tien_Beach.html

#1 Posted: 23/10/2009 - 12:23

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Sigh.

I unlinked the ODC link as I wouldn't want to send any traffic their way (I separately banned them for spamming the site a while ago).

Flattering perhaps, the Vietnamese Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment is also ripping off the same content.

How was Nakhon?

#2 Posted: 23/10/2009 - 12:55

• fondo

Joined Travelfish
    23rd June, 2006
    Total reviews: 19
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Fair enough.

I'm just preparing a blow-by-blow trip report at the moment. Didn't work out quite as planned due to a massive sandfly strike on Lady Fondo on Had Thung Wua Laen near Chumphon which severely compromised her interest in driving around and beaches.

We ended up spending a fair amount of time in Chumphon, Bang Saphan and Prachuap. As we like provincial Thai towns and eating, this didn't pose any real problems for us at all!

#3 Posted: 23/10/2009 - 13:18

• think87

Click here to learn more about think87
    Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2009
    Location United States

The ODC link is still active.

#4 Posted: 25/10/2009 - 05:41

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

By active I just meant I'd "delinked it" so people can't click on it and go to the website -- they need to cut and paste it.

Just to note, I may have been a bit flippant in the above, but we do view this kind of thing very seriously and we do chase down those that we can (even done a stint in the IP court in Thailand which was fun -- that particular agent won't be ripping us off again!)

If you do come across cases like this, please do let us know -- either by posting on the forum, or by email -- as it gives me a way to fill in my rainy days!

Thanks

#5 Posted: 25/10/2009 - 06:48

• CunningMcFar

Joined Travelfish
    20th August, 2004
    Total reviews: 45

I just took a random paragraph from the TF Thailand intro page, plugged it into Google and it hit this:
    http://www.siamonetravel.com/destinations.html

TF's entire Thailand intro copied pretty much word for word; with an occasional word dropped out here or there, but essentially lifted untouched, check it out.

The perils of running a successful and popular site I guess...

#6 Posted: 25/10/2009 - 08:44

• CunningMcFar

Joined Travelfish
    20th August, 2004
    Total reviews: 45

looks like there's quite a bit of TF content on that site, as many of the links in the intro text have been copied as well

#7 Posted: 25/10/2009 - 09:06

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

These dudes are desperates - I've found some of my stuff word for word on booking sites.

#8 Posted: 25/10/2009 - 18:43

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.