Idle banter forum

Off today !

• Johng

Click here to learn more about Johng
    Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

Leaving England in 12 hours..
    been a weird few weeks.. pretty apprehensive about my second ever trip away alone, my first to Asia. I think at 35 it feels more scary than it would have done at 20-30.. and I hate flying which doesnt help :)

BKK Wednesday 9th, for a few days, then North to CM, across into Laos maybe, back down to South Thailand for some sun and sea.. then Malaysia 27th until Jan 6th.. that ends Asia... Oz and NZ afterwards.

Hopefully I will catch up with a few TF folks.. if anyone else is around Thailand in the next 3 weeks, or Malaysia 27-06 or Oz or NZ in Feb,! and wants to catch up, mail me :)

jgra1@hotmail.com

John

#1 Posted: 8/12/2009 - 16:56

• Advertisement

• KazAussie

Joined Travelfish
    18th July, 2009

Have a great trip John!

#2 Posted: 9/12/2009 - 15:13

• scottyheath-
    er

Joined Travelfish
    30th March, 2008

Hi John - you'll have a fantastic time I'm sure. I've been counting down for ages and now we have only six more sleeps until we fly into Bangkok. I'm like at kid at Christmas...... :) Like you, I don't like flying much but my love of travel overcomes this fear. Mind you, alcohol usually helps but this time we are flying on Royal Brunei Airlines which are alcohol free flights.

#3 Posted: 10/12/2009 - 01:14

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Have a great trip!

#4 Posted: 10/12/2009 - 09:59

• Johng

Click here to learn more about Johng
    Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

thanks all ;)

loving it.. friendly, hot, cheap, different... why didn't I do this earlier!

Scotty good luck on the alcohol free flight! I think i got through 5 small wines which helped with a bumpy bit over Afghanstan...

:)
    J

#5 Posted: 10/12/2009 - 12:18

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

My son just arrived today - he's decided to study here if he can get accepted into the foreign student program at Ubon. He's got a one year visa already, so no matter what he's staying a year anyway.

#6 Posted: 11/12/2009 - 00:59

• scottyheath-
    er

Joined Travelfish
    30th March, 2008

I wish I was staying a year but I have to be content with the six weeks I've got off from work. I've got three more days of work and am just hanging on by my fingernails - mind is definitely NOT in workmode right now and I can DEFINITELY do without all the damned infernal meetings that people feel I should be attending before I fly out - talk about wanting their pound of flesh before I go.

I must admit, I really enjoyed my years of travelling single, married, with kids, without kids before I settled down and got "serious career". Not so easy to just up and leave now for months at a time.

I'm envious and I just know I'm going to feel like **** when my 6 weeks are up.

#7 Posted: 11/12/2009 - 15:43

• neosho

Joined Travelfish
    13th August, 2008

Madmac....I'm here in Ubon if your son ever has a problem. Holler and I'll see what I can do.

#8 Posted: 11/12/2009 - 21:21

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Thanks man. I appreciate it.

#9 Posted: 11/12/2009 - 21:36

• neosho

Joined Travelfish
    13th August, 2008

No problem, I have a couple of daughters and it was always nice knowing that someone, somewhere, could help them if need be.

#10 Posted: 11/12/2009 - 21:51

• Advertisement

• Sophia_India

Click here to learn more about Sophia_India
    Joined Travelfish
    2nd June, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Im so jealous right now........... :)

#11 Posted: 2/6/2010 - 19:17

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.