Idle banter forum

Music in cambodia

• katiefloren-
    ce

Joined Travelfish
    23rd October, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

I was in Cambodia about a month ago and there was this American pop song- well maybe more rnb/dance- that they played everywhere but now totally forgotten what it was and it's been annoying me! Can anyone help?!

#1 Posted: 7/2/2010 - 11:51

• Advertisement

• Lother

Joined Travelfish
    12th May, 2006
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 31

I think you'll need to give some kind of clues to get any kind of reasonable guess :).

One song that has been played really excessively in Cambodia over the last 6-9 months is I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho) by Pitbull.

#2 Posted: 7/2/2010 - 18:47

• katiefloren-
    ce

Joined Travelfish
    23rd October, 2009

Lother I think I love you, that's the exact one! Thanks so much, it's been annoying me for the past week! Guess no further clues were needed!!

#3 Posted: 8/2/2010 - 17:21

• DuncanStuart

Joined Travelfish
    22nd September, 2009

Lother - you must have ESP. Brilliant. On an unrelated Cambodian musical note - I've been belatedly discovering the music of Dengue Fever - American Band with Cambodian female lead. The respectfully capture the sound of KhmerPop of the 1960s - which might be described as Japan ballad meets Surf Guitar. Just amazing - so if you're wanting to get into a Cambodian mood after your travels; they're worth checking out. They are a reminder also of the lost golden period immediately before Pol Pot.

#4 Posted: 9/2/2010 - 10:17

• Lother

Joined Travelfish
    12th May, 2006
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 31

Yeah, I like Dengue Fever a lot too. For an amusing look into the hidden classic rock past of Cambodia, see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQRETKKPkpg (plus anything else by Ros Sereysothea).

#5 Posted: 11/2/2010 - 23:50

• Sophia_India

Click here to learn more about Sophia_India
    Joined Travelfish
    2nd June, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

I know you want me is sooooooo annoying!!

#6 Posted: 2/6/2010 - 19:13

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.