India forum

Ideas For India

• chrisb4

Joined Travelfish
    9th May, 2012

Hi everyone, I'm planning a backpacking trip across India from June to August this year. I'm looking for culture, as opposed to wild partying etc. My two questions are these:

Given the period when I plan to travel, June to August, which areas would be best to visit weather wise?

I've been told three months may be too much time to spend in India, and I would like to maybe spend a few weeks outside the country, so which neighbouring countries would people recommend, again given the weather for that period etc.?

Also, just any advice/tips/suggestions people have would be much appreciated!

Thankyou everyone,

Chris

#1 Posted: 24/2/2013 - 13:56

• Advertisement

• Rukus

Joined Travelfish
    28th October, 2011

From June to September is the monsoon season in India, it has desert in the west, alpine tundra and glaciers in the north, humid tropical regions supporting rain forests in the southwest, and Indian Ocean island territories that flank the Indian subcontinent. So very much different climate zone.

3 months is deffinatley not to much time, not enough time in my opinion if your crossing the whole country and want to see culture. India is a huge country man, take your time. As for neighbours many people go to Nepal in conjunction with India. Or mynanmar is also very beautiful and rapidly developing, not as close as Nepal though.

#2 Posted: 25/2/2013 - 07:09

• maddiii

Joined Travelfish
    2nd March, 2013

HI to all them....
    I am planning for holiday in shimla next month...we are four memebers but i have main issue regarding to hotels which i will stay with my family..
    So please give me fine solution..

#3 Posted: 2/3/2013 - 01:52

• aashton

Joined Travelfish
    3rd August, 2013

June to October is a monsoons season in India. India actually has two monsoons - the southwest monsoon & the northeast monsoon. The southwest monsoon, which is the main monsoon, comes in from the sea & starts making its way up India's west coast in early June. By mid July, most of the country is covered in rain. This gradually starts clearing from most places in northwest India by October.

#4 Posted: 3/8/2013 - 01:49

• tejayasarapu

Joined Travelfish
    20th December, 2013

i am planning to go Goa next month.. any suggestion which place to stay and which place to visit

#5 Posted: 27/12/2013 - 01:52

• SmithTim

Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2014

Indian Culture. There is no such thing called Indian Culture. The word "India" itself was coined by the invaders of past. This Country is multicultural Society based on Hindu Dharma. Even these vary from place to place, region to region and language to language. Culture is continuous evolution of Art of Living, History, Fine Arts, Architecture,Epics, Poetry, Astronomy etc.
    It depends on you likes and dislikes... Goa, Rajasthan forts, Taj Mahal etc are popular tourist spots. There are tailored travel packages to see tourist attraction. If you love it free style with out a guide.. you need to get a lot of information before you land in India.

#6 Posted: 14/4/2014 - 07:07

• gauravks

Joined Travelfish
    18th December, 2013
    Location India

Best Weather: October to Feb

Cultural Place: Delhi, Lucknow, Rajasthan

#7 Posted: 29/4/2014 - 01:24

• Filia

Joined Travelfish
    6th May, 2014

Hoi,

3 months is not too much! I have traveled all over India in more then a year and still haven't seen it all!

Yes it will be hot and yes there is the monsoon. But still the north will be beautiful. Go to Ladakh for example for buddist culture. Go to the south and vistit Kerala. It won't rain the whole day and there will be less tourists. So if you do not mind roughing it a bit you will have a great time! Nepal is nice but in summer there isn't much trekking.

Decide what you want to see. Culture is everwhere!

Marijke

#8 Posted: 6/5/2014 - 06:02

• Countrylodge

Joined Travelfish
    21st July, 2014

HI,

There are many places to visit in India but, in July to august the best weather wise place is Himachal Pradesh. July to august the weather is awesome at Himachal Pradesh you should visit once on July or August..........!

#9 Posted: 21/7/2014 - 02:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.