India forum

Kerala Destinations

• roshanpthom-
    as

Joined Travelfish
    13th March, 2013

Can anyone suggest for good travel spots in Kerala? I prefer a nice, beautiful and cool place..

#1 Posted: 19/3/2013 - 07:03

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I haven't been there myself.. but check out this website. http://www.keralaindiatravel.net/about

I follow Erin's other website/travelblog, and she and Simon usually provide some good info.

#2 Posted: 19/3/2013 - 15:41

• eyebones59

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2010
    Total reviews: 2

Check out the backwaters of Alappuzha (Alleppey)then Varkala and Kovalam for the beaches.

#3 Posted: 12/8/2013 - 10:00

• jameswoods1-
    1x

Joined Travelfish
    26th July, 2013

i don't thing you can find cool place their as weather is hot and humid but despite it all kerela it self is the most sothe and calm destinations some good places are Munar, Wayanda, varkala, Perioyar park .

#4 Posted: 16/8/2013 - 02:03

• ktkates87

Joined Travelfish
    17th May, 2013

I LOVED Varkala. Loved, loved, loved. I stayed at the far end, a little ways away from all the action. My husband and I found a little hut (next door to the Lotus Cafe) with its own little garden, and we were about 20 feet away from a cliff with this breathtaking view. Really enjoyed our time there. I think it was the most beautiful beach I visited in India, and I enjoyed the pace of things there. It was cool to watch all the paragliding from people up on the cliffs, and they have all the amenities and things a tourist/traveller could like but it wasn't overkill. I had some great ayurvedic treatments done there and felt the whole place to be really relaxing.

Alleppey (backwaters) was also really cool. We opted for a day of riding around on the public fairy instead of a houseboat (we were at the end of our trip and running out of money, also a bit concerned about the environmental impact I'd read about). I hear the houseboats are incredible though. Some of our best meals of 2 months travelling through India were at a place called "Halai's." Their biryani is to die for, and it's great for people-watching. Alleppey was also a good place to pick up any fabrics/clothing if you're thinking of purchasing a salwaar or a sari.....you'll see a million people walking around with a bag from a store in particular.

I wish I'd had more time to hit up Munnar and Kochi.

#5 Posted: 30/9/2013 - 06:48

• JennyDsouza

Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2013

Experience the stay of houseboats in kerla. The backwaters of Allaphuza is simply a treat as mentioned by others. Ayurvedic massage & beautiful sun-set view should not be missed at Kolam.. Take a bicycling trip from Munnar to Perriyar. The journey is a visual treat :)

#6 Posted: 9/11/2013 - 00:51

• swekshaijdv

Joined Travelfish
    19th November, 2013

Kerala is best place to visit in winters. must go for enjoying kerala adventures .

#7 Posted: 25/11/2013 - 00:12

• cybermutiny

Click here to learn more about cybermutiny
    Joined Travelfish
    10th December, 2013
    Location Thailand

As others have mentioned, Varkala is an excellent location. I can't remember the exact name of the place I stayed, but it was away from the main tourist village of Varkala along some cliffs (I got the recommendation for that accommodation in Rough Guides). Varkala is so relaxing and beautiful...highly recommended.

Another cool place in Varkala is Munnar. It is set within the mountains and is famous for its tea fields and exotic spice plantations.

#8 Posted: 10/12/2013 - 08:31

• parveen7

Joined Travelfish
    11th December, 2013

I know only two places Munnar and wayanad..

#9 Posted: 16/12/2013 - 11:44

• gauravks

Joined Travelfish
    18th December, 2013
    Location India

List is very long, but these are some top, best and most visited places of Kerala throughout the year-

Kerala Backwaters
    Munnar
    Cochin
    Fort Kochi
    Wayanad
    Varkala
    Periyar National Park

#10 Posted: 18/12/2013 - 03:49

• Advertisement

• tejayasarapu

Joined Travelfish
    20th December, 2013

i suggest you to go
    Fort Kochi
    Kovalam
    Kumarakom
    Munnar these are the best to visit

#11 Posted: 3/1/2014 - 05:28

• Rupali

Joined Travelfish
    19th February, 2014

Hi Roshanpthom-as

If you are making plan for going Kerala and visit Travel Destination. Some Travel spots are as mention below:-
    1) Poovar
    2) Kovalam
    3) Munnar
    4) Thekkdy
    5) Allepy
    6) Kumarakom
    7) wayanad
    8) Cochin / Kochi
    9) Sabarimala
    10) Trichur and more..

Cheers!!!

#12 Posted: 21/2/2014 - 05:08

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.