Southeast Asia forum

10 weeks in SE Asia - itinerary help

• purplek

Joined Travelfish
    27th April, 2010

Hey,

I'm flying out to BKK on the 9th July, wnating to do the loop round Laos, vietnam nad cambodia before retunring to BKK to fly out on the 15th September.

I'm mostly looking at sightseeing, different cultures, adventure etc (not so bothered about sitting on beaches or going out getting drunk every night) So far I'm loosely looking at:

Arrive BKK for a couple of nights to aclimatise
    overnight train north to Chiang mai (spend about a week here/around this area)
    overland to Laos for about 2 weeks (still debating the slow boat i've been looking at some pictures tonight and i'm less sure about it as i was)
    vietnam (starting in Hanoi and then working south through several cities (about 3 weeks)
    overland to cambodia (1 1/2 weeks to see siem reap and angkor wat, maybe go to battambang and phnom phen.
    Then travel back to Bangkok and loop out to places like river kwai and maybe down to the islands if I've got a bit of time (which I suspect I won't)

Does it sound like I'm trying to do too much? I had thought that I'd left myself loads of time to do it all (i'd originally been looking at the organised tours which were allowing 30/40 days to do all of that but now that i've read more it seems like a lot to fit in.

#1 Posted: 3/5/2010 - 08:03

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
8 Weeks in SE Asia - Okay Itinerary? ... By beamodisett on 26 Jul 2012 2 1692 17 Aug 2012
6 weeks SE asia - review trip itinerary please :o) ... By leones707 on 11 May 2010 0 2234 11 May 2010
5 Weeks in SE Asia with a 4 yr old - advice/thoughts on itinerary please! ... By ZPeppiatt on 12 Apr 2010 9 3681 24 Apr 2010
6 weeks in SE Asia - Itinerary advice for a rookie plse :-) ... By simons104 on 21 Oct 2009 3 4718 21 Oct 2009