Southeast Asia forum

electical adapters-which one

• sglasson

Joined Travelfish
    20th September, 2006

I would like to purchase an adapter to charge my camera/hook up laptop during trip to Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos. Any suggestions on which one(s) to buy? I've heard that the two pronged one (used also in France) works. Also, any suggestions on where to buy cheap and lightweight ones. thanks

#1 Posted: 30/10/2006 - 00:13

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi sglasson,

Welcome to Travelfish!

While plugs are not standardised (there are at least three main styles) the most common plug is two vertical flat (not round) prongs -- sort of like this:

| |

I picked my adaptor up at a department store in tahialnd - cost next to nothing -- I don't think you'd have much trouble getting one in Vietnam, but Laos and Cambodia could involve a bit more legwork -- invariably guesthouses will have them so just ask them where they got theirs.

#2 Posted: 30/10/2006 - 12:20

• THANHBINH

Joined Travelfish
    12th September, 2006

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi sglasson,

In Vietnam most you can use both the flat one and the round one at the same 220vhole.in Cambodia it is often a 220v flat hole

#3 Posted: 31/10/2006 - 16:08

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.