Southeast Asia forum

First Time Lone FemaleTraveller - Help needed please

• Joannacxxx

Joined Travelfish
    26th May, 2010

Hi, I am hoping to do a 48 day tour next year with Tucan Travel, starting in Hanoi and ending in Singapore. The tour will end mid October and would like to travel on my own for a further 6 weeks before returing home. Not really sue where to head from Singapore,and where will be nice weather wise mid october. Was thinking Oz, but then thought maybe better off staying in Asia?? Any suggestions on where to go would be really useful, thanks.

#1 Posted: 26/5/2010 - 22:57

• Advertisement

• svendj

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2010
    Location Belgium
    Places visited:
    At least 32

Depends on what your tour you've booked has included. which countries will you already be doing with this tour?
    grtz

#2 Posted: 27/5/2010 - 21:29

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

There's reasonably cheap flights from Singapore to India with the budget airlines. You can also fly to the Philippines, Indonesia, Nepal, and Sri Lanka for cheap.

If you want to go to Oz for a short trip, it's less than a 5 hour flight to Darwin or Perth and it can be pretty cheap if you book with the budget airline JetStar.

#3 Posted: 27/5/2010 - 23:58

• travelkat88

Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2010
    Location Australia

Hi

As you have another 6 weeks before heading home at the end of your tour, there are scads of places you could visit in the asia region which would be interesting and comparatively inexpensive. I don't know your interests or where you're visiting on your tour, so if you let me know I could give you some ideas as we travel around asia a couple of times each year.

I live in Perth in Oz, and have to say that it would be a very great deal more expensive to spend your time here, both accommodation, food and travel. Although October/November is an ideal time to visit weather wise, the distances between places of interest are also extremely vast.

Travelat

#4 Posted: 20/6/2010 - 14:43

• sidewinder

Joined Travelfish
    11th April, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 7

I went to Oz for a few weeks at the end of my Asia trip, and while I really enjoyed it and love the country, I do kind of wish I'd stayed in Asia as there was lots I didnt get time to see, and my money would have gone a lot further.

#5 Posted: 20/6/2010 - 18:12

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
First time Lone Female mature traveller needs reassurance ... By julesloz on 7 Nov 2012 5 2741 8 Nov 2012